• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New shoes: recommendations?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Shopping for new shoes... tired of chucks, but can't tear myself away from the style of them altogether. I posted this in another thread because I hate to inflict these poll things on the forum, so, my apologies. Your input is appreciated. I may add others and would very much appreciate other options (I know you've got tons) or if you think other colours would be better, but price is an issue or I'd be listing CPs Lanvins and Margielas. AMQ Puma
Leaning towards these. PF Flyers Albin (Plum)
PF Flyers Glide (Brown/Blk/Gld)
Tretorn Skane
CR Ponti

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Mostly I wear Acne mics in raw, and rag&bone RB11s which I had tapered. My Earnest Sewn Kyrre are currently out of the rotation, but might come back in at some point. I also wear Nudie RRDS, though probably not with the above shoes. My next pair of jeans might be Somet Slims or PBJ XX-010s.
Pulled from the other thread:
Alright, while in theory I think the Skane's have a very interesting retro twist feel, I don't they're well proportioned for you unless your physique has changed since some of your WAYWT's. Honestly, I like the AMQ's a little bit better than the PF Albin's here unless you have lots of other black sneaks already. They looks a bit better quality as well, but that sort of thing's hard to tell from pics. The AMQ's texture and features are moreso unique, but not too out there. Not a fan of the glide's or that colorway of the Pointi either. Your choice in the end though.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I think those skanes look cool.
Who sells them?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got that exact pair of AMQ Pumas. They're black. I've gotten several compliments the one time I've worn them. The heel is extremely tight. You might need a shoehorn to get the bastard on until it "breaks" in. It feels true to size (10.5 is my size). Overall? Not sure if I'd plonk down another $200 on those, but I needed another pair of black leather low-tops to replace my Asics Onitsuka Tigers. I like those tretorns. Actually,I'm torn betweenthe skanes and the glides. I'd have to see them in person. The skanes look a little classier. There are a couple nylon skanes on zappos. EDIT: I didn't see the skanes on tobi, but here they re on revolve: http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...?code=TRET-MZ9 10 and 10.5 only. I wish I knew how they fit.. I need a brown-themed hightop. :/ There's a Dassler Puma that I'd kill for, but at $270...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Creative Recreation

themidship22

Reaction score
Wow Socal!... I just checked out creative recreation... what fresh and unique styles... I Want like 8 different pairs haha

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Creative Recreation has been around a while.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I went off the board and picked up these Generic Man:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Dis...jsp%3F%26d%3Db Here's hoping they fit, otherwise they'll be in the B&S at a discount. I might grab the Skanes anyway though. I mean, they're only 90 bucks - 10% or whatever the tobi code gives you.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40