• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New shoes have slight sole imperfection - safe to wear? (with PIC)

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I received my new Romano Martegani Sorrentos today (a 9.5 made its way back to Amazon from the original fire-sale), but there is a little issue with the sole. One of the nails was hammered very close to the edge of the heel (see illustration), and the leather/wood is actually bulging out a bit at the edge where the nail went in. Are they safe to wear? (red dot shows where the nail is) (not actual shoe - picture for illustrative purpose only)
28ck1lw.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
While I do like the i's to be dotted and the t's to be crossed, these shoes were a great deal and the type of shoe that I need. So moving perfection aside, you're saying they are safe to wear?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
yes. they are safe to wear.

however, personally , if these were a favorite shoes of mine, i would have a fit, because not because contruction or wear issues, it just a note of lack of meticulousness.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
While I do like the i's to be dotted and the t's to be crossed, these shoes were a great deal and the type of shoe that I need. So moving perfection aside, you're saying they are safe to wear?

No, the slightly misplaced nail will result in the heel coming off, causing you to slip and fall and hurting your back. You will have to send me the shoes ASAP so you can avoid being hurt. I will take care of the shoes so it happens to no one (except that person willing to buy them from me).

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, they're safe. But it's leather, not wood. Think about it, people. Wood would swell and crack and fall apart the moment it got wet.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
No, the slightly misplaced nail will result in the heel coming off, causing you to slip and fall and hurting your back. You will have to send me the shoes ASAP so you can avoid being hurt. I will take care of the shoes.

You know, I think you're right. PM me your PayPal so I can cover your delivery fees of my shoes.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you wear these, you'll get your iGent card revoked. No more knit tie privileges or 24-hour Manton access. Worth it? Ask yourself. Then ask again.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Yes, they're safe. But it's leather, not wood. Think about it, people. Wood would swell and crack and fall apart the moment it got wet.

The idea that mens dress shoe heels are made of wood.....
deadhorse-a.gif

Regards.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
If you wear these, you'll get your iGent card revoked. No more knit tie privileges or 24-hour Manton access. Worth it? Ask yourself. Then ask again.

where to kop?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You must exchange them immediately for a safer wooden shoe, something like this, famous for its no nail construction..

wooden-shoes.jpg

These are made on a very elegant last and look, no nails:

Woodenshoes.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love threads like this.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads