• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New shoes don't fit...options?

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
I was so excited by a new shoe purchase that I didn't pay enough attention to fit. Wore them to work, and wow. How could I have missed that? They're too long, and there's a huge gap on the side of the shoe as a result (or at least I think it's a result of that). Big gap on left side of left shoe, smaller on right. It's less of a problem with the right foot, which I'm guessing means that that foot is a touch longer.

Options? Do I just suck it up? Get used to it?

Geezer

Reaction score
Botox. In the foot.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
did you buy online?
if you bought in the store, it's your bad.....try them on and don't assume that you wear a 9.5(as an example) in every make/model/brand.
post them for resale...

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
insoles?
thumbs-up.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tubesocks!!

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just admit that you bought the AEs used on Ebay for a great price and get on with your life.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems such a simple thing to buy new shoes - check that they fit before parting with money and leaving shop.

Well they are now used - eBay and lick your financial wounds.

sephlod

Reaction score
You can actually put an insole in to fill the space. Have you tried the new grass insole? Very stylish and eco friendly!
grass-flip-flops.jpg

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
It seems such a simple thing to buy new shoes - check that they fit before parting with money and leaving shop.
OP, I hate to harp on it but GBR is right...can you post pics?

tone76

Reaction score
Fill your socks with expanding foam. It's important you fill your socks rather than the shoes, as filling the shoes directly may damage the upper.

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
They're AE Seconds.

I wondered by a Nordstroms to try on a different size. Interestingly, the shoe salesman looked at my shoe and said the shoe was defective and that there was too much leather. So perhaps I can return them...I'll take some pics later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads