• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New shoes do not seem right.... Input neeed!!!!!!!!

burgy77

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my first post as I am recently new to this forum! But from hanging around it for a few days I feel that you all will provide me the best feedback I need for my concern.

I am getting married in May on the beach in Sanibel Island, Florida I will be wearing a lighter gray Hugo Boss suit and am trying to find new brown dress shoes (medium to dark brown to almost mahogany is acceptable). The downside of buying new shoes...

1. Finding a style I like (typically cap toe, wingtip, or other more prominent design)
2. One that fits me (I tried some Too Boot New York and they were painful) I have plantar fasciitis in both feet so some shoes are extra painful
3. Price constraints (I understand that price shoes are worth the investment but with my wedding coming up and student loans I have to be as thrifty as possible).

I have been shopping at places Saks Off Fifth, Zappos, Nordstrom Rack/ Regular with Sales, google, etc... My budget is sub $180, trust me $130 was a battle (I even took her to an Allen Edmunds store to have the salesperson sell her on their shoes).

I found a pair of Magnanni's from Saks Off Fifth (with a list price of $265US, and I paid $185US with a coupon) but they seem to be slightly different than Magnanni's normal line and leather type. Below you will find pictures of the shoe and the "wrinkled" leather. I found a few pictures of this shoe online and they did not have the same "wrinkling." This made me think that I was getting ripped off with an inferior product that just didn't meet spec (which is fine as long as it will not affect the shoe negatively). I like the look and the color, the fit is fantastic and leather supple.

Please let me know if you think this is a defect in the leather and a problem for the longevity of the shoes (I would prefer not to waste my $$$ in a year like my Cole-Hans). I really like the styling and I will be able to use these at work, and going out in the future so very versatile.

Thank you for any help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads