Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New shoes, did I do good?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Txmtbr1, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Txmtbr1

Txmtbr1 New Member

Hello everyone, my names Lee. Excuse my ignorance when it comes to fashion but I'm learning. I'm trying to venture from my handmade cowboy boots (I know how everyone feels about boots, lol) , but I'm from Texas so it's hard. Seriously though, Ive been searching for some dress shoes and came across these. Both pair are brand new, and I picked em up from Craigslist for $35.00 a pair. The first pair is a Alfred Sargent and the second is made by Loake. The seller had another pair of Barkers that looked exactly like the Loakes but I opted for the Loakes. I might go back and buy the others, but didn't take enough cash. She said she would hold them and for $35.00 new, they seem like a good deal. So did I do ok?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

2. AncientSoul

AncientSoul Well-Known Member

What's the penalty in Texas for possession of stolen property?

3. acecow

acecow Senior member

Electric chair, if you are also retarded.

4. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

The picture is too big.
    Can you please post
    A smaller one?

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Hello everyone, my names Lee. Excuse my ignorance when it comes to fashion but I'm learning. I'm trying to venture from my handmade cowboy boots (I know how everyone feels about boots, lol) , but I'm from Texas so it's hard. Seriously though, Ive been searching for some dress shoes and came across these. Both pair are brand new, and I picked em up from Craigslist for $35.00 a pair. The first pair is a Alfred Sargent and the second is made by Loake. The seller had another pair of Barkers that looked exactly like the Loakes but I opted for the Loakes. I might go back and buy the others, but didn't take enough cash. She said she would hold them and for $35.00 new, they seem like a good deal. So did I do ok? [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I hate those shoe trees. I am afraid the springs will snap and hit me

6. Txmtbr1

Txmtbr1 New Member

I'm having a hard time posting the photo. I thought it looked to small.

7. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Go pick them up! You are practically stealing those!

8. discreteuniverse

discreteuniverse Well-Known Member

bjornb17: Is that Alizee in your pic?

9. RangerP

RangerP Senior member

That's a pretty damn good deal.

Go back and buy the other pair if they are new. You can flip them on B&S for more than that.

Contact me with the size, I might even be interested...

10. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

An old Alizee at that.

11. Tomboys

Tomboys Senior member

Hello everyone, my names Lee. Excuse my ignorance when it comes to fashion but I'm learning. I'm trying to venture from my handmade cowboy boots (I know how everyone feels about boots, lol) , but I'm from Texas so it's hard. Seriously though, Ive been searching for some dress shoes and came across these. Both pair are brand new, and I picked em up from Craigslist for $35.00 a pair. The first pair is a Alfred Sargent and the second is made by Loake. The seller had another pair of Barkers that looked exactly like the Loakes but I opted for the Loakes. I might go back and buy the others, but didn't take enough cash. She said she would hold them and for $35.00 new, they seem like a good deal. So did I do ok?
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's hard to tell due to the picture size, but if the Loake's are the 1880 line, then they run $200.00+ if you puchase them from Great Britain, more if you purchase them domestically. Don't know about the Alfred Sargent's, but they're usually more expensive than the Loake's--at least, from the models I've seen.

So, yeah, I'd say you got a killer deal especially since they are brand new. As such, providing they fit you well and you have the budget for it, I would definitely go back to pick up the rest.

Your story reminds me of another event that happened years ago (way before the internet). I'm not 100% sure of the detalis, but I remember reading about it in our local paper at the time. The story was pretty close to this:

A gal listed a Porsche 911 in the paper for $100.00. Well, some high schooler saw it listed in the Want Ads of their local paper and figured it was either a misprint on the price or it was just parts for a 911. Nonethelss, he went to check it out. As it turned out, it was new and had a MSRP of $50,000.00. True to her ad, she sold it to him for the hundred bucks.

Apparently, the husband took off with his mistress and told the wife to sell all their stuff and send him a check for half of what she got. She mailed him $50.00 for the car. Unfortunately for the wife, the judge made her cover the difference between what she sold the car for and what the market value was. Bad for her, but great for the kid.

The moral of this story? Buy the other shoes quickly before the husband gets home.[​IMG]

12. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

You'll be able to sell those for between $150-200 either here or eBay, so yea, it's a great deal.

13. GBR

GBR Senior member

Probably a steal but you decide by whom.

14. Patek

Patek Senior member

Yup, sounds stolen to me.

And the guestion should be: "Did I do well?" Good means that you did something good like volunteer at a homeless shelter.

I know, its a Texas thang.

15. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Heck yeah. The topic of this thread has changed and this is now the official Alizee thread. [​IMG]