• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoe Weekend

billbishere

Reaction score
Hey everyone - super excited about some new shoes I just picked up.

They are the Magnanni LEIVA - I guess they just dropped like last week or something, they are a new style.

Anyway, I am working on finding some different things to style them with - what do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_102949.jpg
    IMG_20200914_102949.jpg
    751 KB · Views: 43
  • PICT_20200914_102542.jpg
    PICT_20200914_102542.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 42
  • PICT_20200914_102624.jpg
    PICT_20200914_102624.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 40
  • PICT_20200914_110130.jpg
    PICT_20200914_110130.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT_20200914_110555.jpg
    PICT_20200914_110555.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT_20200914_110641.jpg
    PICT_20200914_110641.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know I am torn with these leather/ casual sneakers. Berluti has some as well. I think I prefer basic white sneakers or real dress shoes but not bad, I would just wear them with jeans and a polo shirt.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I concur with @dauster. It's really not a look I like, but if you like them and you're comfortable with them, then that's all that matters.

With that said, I would definitely keep them on the very casual side of the ledger. Hey, at least you didn't pay Berluti prices!

billbishere

Reaction score
I don't know I am torn with these leather/ casual sneakers. Berluti has some as well. I think I prefer basic white sneakers or real dress shoes but not bad, I would just wear them with jeans and a polo shirt.

Yah that is exactly what I am wearing with them. I had a Polo up top! I actually thought they looked good with the raw denim.

billbishere

Reaction score
I concur with @dauster. It's really not a look I like, but if you like them and you're comfortable with them, then that's all that matters.

With that said, I would definitely keep them on the very casual side of the ledger. Hey, at least you didn't pay Berluti prices!

They are a super comfy shoe, and lightweight. I just like the look of a dress shoe but never like how they look when I try to wear them with jeans. That's why I got these as I thought they would be the best of both. So I will be keeping these on the casual side, although I was thinking I may be able to get away with wearing these to the office when I go. I have a lot of walking as I work downtown, most of the time I will put my shoes in my backpack and wear a sneaker then when i get to my desk I put them back on. But I was thinking with these maybe I wouldn't have to do that if I can wear them with something a little more dressy, so I dunno.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off with a more casual shoe. Those dressy-sneaker hybrids don't speak any kind of design language to me. They're too dressy for actual casual outfits, but too casual for classic menswear type outfits. They mostly feel like a way for companies to try to stay relevant in an increasingly crowded market and casualized world.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah...
I don't know.
I think it would be better with a standard Margom sole, maybe gum but I could be wrong. The upper is nice.
The busy looking running shoe sole just doesn't work for me.

billbishere

Reaction score
I dunno, the more I wear them the more I like them. I dont love the white mid-sole either but looking down and seeing the burnish is great!

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just wonder how practical that would be as casual footwear. That’s a purpose made shoe.

still, I agree, it’s pretty handsome. I’d they found a way to repurpose it with a proper street sole and a bit more support, it might serve as a good alternate to some of these hybrids we’re seeing.

billbishere

Reaction score

Never heard of or seen this shoe but, I do love that red bottom!! Also like the inside writing. This sorta reminds me of those shoes that came out in the early 2000s that sorta looked like a "bowling" shoe.

billbishere

Reaction score
These things are just so comfy. I have been looking at maybe getting the grey ones.

any better? I mean, still has the white sole but it is a little more dressy. I dunno. Leather soles are just so uncomfortable in comparasion to this type of shoe for me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These things are just so comfy. I have been looking at maybe getting the grey ones.

any better? I mean, still has the white sole but it is a little more dressy. I dunno. Leather soles are just so uncomfortable in comparasion to this type of shoe for me.

These dressy sneaker hybrids are bad, man. They are polo shirts for your feet. They are the Patagonia fleece vest of footwear. They are the gingham shirting of foot coverings.

You'd be better off with Allbirds, and Allbirds might be the worst sneaker on the market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads