• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New shoe store in Toronto owned by TJX/Winners

gj555

Reaction score
There is a new shoe store in the GTA called Stylesense that is owned by Winners (TJX). Other than some AE Mora shoes at $249 (still high IMO, but good price for Toronto) and perhaps a couple of other pair of shoes, most of the stuff is mediocre at best (Bruno Magli) and standard cheap stuff. However, it seems like the type of place that may on occasion have something worth buying. It's definitely a place worth checking out.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a quick Google on this, and it seems that the only locations are in Oakville and Vaughn. Do you know of one in Toronto, ie. downtown?

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGimpy
I did a quick Google on this, and it seems that the only locations are in Oakville and Vaughn. Do you know of one in Toronto, ie. downtown?

x2, I don't do 905

gj555

Reaction score
I was at the one in Vaughan Mills. None downtown that I know of.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen the Moras at the College Park location for $249 - is that a good price in general (forget Canada)?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see these types of stores finally making their way north across the border. It could be our equivalent of DSW in the States. I hope it's a sign of good things to come. Btw, I did see about 10 pairs of brown Moras at the Winners near my office last week. Tried a pair in my usual size; too much volume even with the flap pulled down completely and 1/2 size down was too short. Also priced at $249, which I agree is high (considering they can be had on ebay from time to time for ~ US$150).

Oh well, another shoe crossed off my want list; at least I have the satisfaction of knowing it's not a good fit for me.

gj555

Reaction score
As compared to US retail price, no - but for a clearance store, yes. They seems to have been on sale big time at Amazon earlier this summer. The new store also had Delray's or Denton's for $199(can't remember which one) which also seems a little high as compared to US based clearance stores.

But, this store is miles ahead of say the "Shoe Company" in terms of brands. Not my cup of tea, but they had a Gucci slip on for $199.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, ebay + the strong loonie + better selection in the States all contribute to my spending less and less on clothing in Canada. I prefer going on shopping sprees in NYC and NJ when I visit relatives there or simply ordering items online and having them brought over when they come up for a visit. I wish it weren't so, but it is. I have to help MY economy before I can help OUR economy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads