• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

brokencycle

Reaction score
Did you click on both of them and get to the same place? Lightning bolt takes me to "What's New", and the bookmark takes me to "watched threads."

I guess you're right. The top couple threads were the same when I clicked it before.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Left margin spacing of topic listings in mobile portrait is bad.
6FC0ECBC-1124-4F73-98E9-FED6D8B802EC.png

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what happened to the list of users/members viewing a particular topic/discussion? I miss that for some reason.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Bump

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think notifications are working correctly. Several threads that i watch do not consistently send out email notifications when a new post is made nor when someone 'reacts' to one of mine. Sometimes I get notifications but not always...even after visiting the thread before the latest post.

In the previous software, I had notifications set to 'forum' for some threads rather than email. I suspect this may be the root of the problem. I do get an alert in the forum software when there is a 'reaction' but not email. But I don't always (or even often) get an alert or an email when a new post is made.

Thinking about it further, I do seem to get an email notification when someone mentions me, however.

Try as I might I cannot find where to reset this option.

Last edited:

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of this problem:

As you can see, a thread I 'watch'-- The Bespoke Shoes Thread--has just received a new post. There is no red alert in the upper right hand corner and I did not get an email notification.

Nor did I get a push notification although I have 'push' activated. stleforum_prtscr.jpg

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looking into it.

FWIW, I got an email notification on this as well as a push. No red alert in the upper right hand corner.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@admin Seems to be getting email notifications and push and even alerts now. what a difference a day makes.

If all that is due to something you changed (I assume it is)...thank you.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, maybe spoke too soon. Another incident very like the one I posted a screen shot of ...again with The Bespoke Shoes Thread.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe spoke too soon. Another incident very like the one I posted a screen shot of ...again with The Bespoke Shoes Thread.
Yeah, we've asked the question to the developers of that particular part of the code. It's like alerts mess up temporarily, and miss something (notification email and/or alerts), and then catches back up. We'd tried the obvious things, but at this point, it doesn't seem to be a caching problem, or a server problem, it seems like something glitchy in the software itself. We'll keep you posted, and hopefully will know something soon. The two writers of this particular piece of code are amongst the most respected, and in our opinion, best, developers for the Xenforo software, so hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
r u no longer able to edit your post after a certain period?
It's always been that way. We figure that if anyone wrote anything ill-considered, they have enough time to change it. However, the record of posts and conversation stands as an archive for present and future users. Forums are not social media, where accounts are silo'd. They are flat conversations that contain the collective memory of the community over time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads