• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a little camera icon next to the smiley icon in the reply editor. Click on that, and it will allow you to embed from your gallery.
Thanks, did not see that earlier today for some reason. Is it possible to get a quick link to our galleries in the profile sub panel like we used to have?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks, did not see that earlier today for some reason. Is it possible to get a quick link to our galleries in the profile sub panel like we used to have?

Are you not seeing "Galleries" in the navbar next to Buy&Sell?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Prompted to enable push notifications. Will I regret enabling? what is the effect of this?

You'll get a little notification alert when people respond to posts or send you messages via conversation. If you don't like it you can always disable it.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a small thing, but I've noticed that when a blocked member quotes you now, you get an email notification, whereas before you didn't.
Further on that @LA Guy , I think an interesting feature might be to make blocks two-way (with control going to whoever initiates it, of course).

Right now, if D blocks M, M can still read and quote D, who (buggily) just got emailed and reminded of M. This is unpleasant to D and serves to reinforce how little power blocking gives them.

If once blocked, M cannot read D's posts, or see that they exist, the utility of the forum is reduced for M with every person they annoy, eventually driving them away. A sort of evolutionary feedback loop against the trolls and the impolite, without the drastic, arbitrary, and occasionally error-prone (and therefore cautiously applied) need for active moderation.

The method is relatively more robust than using downvote counts or ratios as signals for shadow and full bans. Downvote counts can be abused by crowds (as can the report button), whereas having reading privileges withdrawn is driven only by the creator of the interesting material, who is less likely to be on the forum for abusive reasons.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Further on that @LA Guy , I think an interesting feature might be to make blocks two-way (with control going to whoever initiates it, of course).

Right now, if D blocks M, M can still read and quote D, who (buggily) just got emailed and reminded of M. This is unpleasant to D and serves to reinforce how little power blocking gives them.

If once blocked, M cannot read D's posts, or see that they exist, the utility of the forum is reduced for M with every person they annoy, eventually driving them away. A sort of evolutionary feedback loop against the trolls and the impolite, without the drastic, arbitrary, and occasionally error-prone (and therefore cautiously applied) need for active moderation.

The method is relatively more robust than using downvote counts or ratios as signals for shadow and full bans. Downvote counts can be abused by crowds (as can the report button), whereas having reading privileges withdrawn is driven only by the creator of the interesting material, who is less likely to be on the forum for abusive reasons.
While a very interesting idea, this little bit of coding is in the core functionality of the forum software and unfortunately beyond our control.

Cheers,

Fok.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I dont see a button in the first message box that provides that option. Atleast not on my end..

It's probably because edits are limited to one day after the post, and the post you're editing is more than one day old. I think I have a solution, if you can respond to my PM.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably because edits are limited to one day after the post, and the post you're editing is more than one day old. I think I have a solution, if you can respond to my PM.
Is this a recent addition? Does it apply to all posts? What happens if one feels like Vox that one should delete one's more controversial older postings?

Last edited:
Reactions: otc

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Is this a recent addition? Does it apply to all posts? What happens if one feels like Vox that one should delete one's more controversial older postings?

It has always been this way for all posts. If there are old posts that need deleting, people are welcome to contact a mod and request deletion.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Why is there a bookmark and lightning bolt icon on mobile that seem to both take me to the same place? Desktop I only see the bookmark.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Why is there a bookmark and lightning bolt icon on mobile that seem to both take me to the same place? Desktop I only see the bookmark.

Did you click on both of them and get to the same place? Lightning bolt takes me to "What's New", and the bookmark takes me to "watched threads."

brokencycle

Reaction score
Did you click on both of them and get to the same place? Lightning bolt takes me to "What's New", and the bookmark takes me to "watched threads."

I guess you're right. The top couple threads were the same when I clicked it before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads