• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing this issue?
Sorry, I should have given more details.

The old "see watched threads" URI was, for some reason, watched/threads/all. This is the URL I (and presumably others) saved for quick access. Now it looks like this:

1559518980125.png

The new URI is watched/threads (without the /all - I *think* that just meant the watched threads with new posts). Up to you if you want to preserve backwards compatibility but it's generally a good idea to forward the former URIs to your new structure rather than 404 the user.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss the functionality of seeing how many unread posts are in the current thread, which used to appear after the page numbers.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend, I only looked at the updated site on mobile. It's better.

This is how it looks on a desktop running Windows and Chrome. Some of us don't run our browsers full screen. This is not an optimal viewing experience. Are there any tools that you can turn on that would allow us to condense the text in the columns so that thread titles don't take up 2-4 lines?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is how it looks on a desktop running Windows and Chrome. Some of us don't run our browsers full screen. This is not an optimal viewing experience. Are there any tools that you can turn on that would allow us to condense the text in the columns so that thread titles don't take up 2-4 lines?

View attachment 1186585
I'm the same as you. I think that at very least, we could resize the different columns. There is no need for that much space in that third column. Putting this on the list for our designer. Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1186585
Check it now. We removed the user avatars, so that it looks more like it did in the last version of the software.

Cheers,

Fok.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
so I would have to start a whole new thread for the poll separate from the old thread of entries?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to edit a poll? Add a poll to a thread that doesn't have one yet?

There are a lot of pictures that don’t show anymore if you go back a bit in old threads (I often spend giddy evenings scrolling through the Bonafè thread). I am pretty sure they most of them used to show up.
Yes, we know. We have the pictures, and redirects are being written to make them visible.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to edit a poll? Add a poll to a thread that doesn't have one yet?
He's been running the Friday Challenge, and would like to create a poll within the existing thread with the entries so far.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
so I would have to start a whole new thread for the poll separate from the old thread of entries?
He's been running the Friday Challenge, and would like to create a poll within the existing thread with the entries so far.

OK, if you are the thread starter, you should be able to go to the top of the thread, hit the button on the top-right of the first message box, which is where "more options" are held. Inside of that menu, you should see "create poll".

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having harder time than before adding in pictures and getting to my galleries right now.

Used to be able to access media from the profile silhouette from the top bar, but now need to go to my personal profile, click on media link from there and add photos from there.

Similarly adding photos to a post I need to go to above and copy the image address from my album and post that in the insert image link option rather than being able to pull straight from my galleries.

Though maybe there is an easy way to do this that I am not seeing.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is a small thing, but I've noticed that when a blocked member quotes you now, you get an email notification, whereas before you didn't.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Having harder time than before adding in pictures and getting to my galleries right now.

Used to be able to access media from the profile silhouette from the top bar, but now need to go to my personal profile, click on media link from there and add photos from there.

Similarly adding photos to a post I need to go to above and copy the image address from my album and post that in the insert image link option rather than being able to pull straight from my galleries.

Though maybe there is an easy way to do this that I am not seeing.

There is a little camera icon next to the smiley icon in the reply editor. Click on that, and it will allow you to embed from your gallery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads