• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Selvedge denim Question.

javierf1987

Reaction score
I want to buy a new pair of jeans. I currently own A.P.C. New Standards, Nudie Slim Jim, and Nudie Average Joe. I wanted something roomier, or more relaxed, than the jeans I currently own. I can't decide between:
1. Imperial Denim King Raw
2. Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage
3. Kicking Mule Workshop 2010 Japanese Edition

What are your thoughts as to the price/quality ratio (they are all 275 approximately) of each of this jeans? Which one would you choose and why?

Many thanks

laughter95

Reaction score
i only have experience with japanese denim and the nudies--

for that price u can get a great japanese product and it seems that its reputation for quality is better, so why go with subpar items?

TrekTheWorld

Reaction score
I love the regular ralf, though, for nudie I think you should pick up the non-selfvage to save some dough, and then buy yourself the KMW.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just so you know there is no "Japanese Edition" all KMWs are made in Japan now

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
echo what others have said...the nudies are the least of the 3 that you mentioned by most qualitative measures. all 3 jeans listed are roomier than your current pairs so give some more information on what you're looking for in terms of what you're looking for in terms of fit, fading, etc. and people might be able to help you out more.

also +1 for ande whall being thrown in the mix.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 32.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40