• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Selection of RT BOC Ties at Mausandhoffman.com

thomaus247

Reaction score
First Thread
blush.gif

We have added a nice slection of Robert Talbott Best of class and Estate (1 pattern) woven ties to the clearance section of our website. Most priced at $59.

Please stop by, call me if you have any questions.

http://mausandhoffmanonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Thanks,

Tom

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Any chance of having a sale on your money wrapping paper?
biggrin.gif

Great tie, and I'm in deep love with those Malverns.

thomaus247

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Any chance of having a sale on your money wrapping paper?
biggrin.gif

Great tie, and I'm in deep love with those Malverns.

Yeah, they are purdy. Sorry, no sale on the money wrap. We don't make any money on it as we have it priced, just a service for our customer. You can get them at coin collectors, and the US mint, for maybe a couple bucks cheaper.

Thanks for the feedback.

TM

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom,
I found and ordered a Talbott tie that I love. Thanks for posting here (but $12 to ship a tie!?!).

thomaus247

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Tom,
I found and ordered a Talbott tie that I love. Thanks for posting here (but $12 to ship a tie!?!).

Thank you, hope you enjoy it. Sorry about the shipping, but it is a standard industry wide rate. Postage keeps going up. Since it is determined by price, buy something heavy (shoes) next time and you will make it up.

I will probably do a shipping special with the Style Forum next month.

TM

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomaus247
Thank you, hope you enjoy it. Sorry about the shipping, but it is a standard industry wide rate. Postage keeps going up. Since it is determined by price, buy something heavy (shoes) next time and you will make it up.

I will probably do a shipping special with the Style Forum next month.

TM

Just my experience as a seller of ties on this forum, I ship by First Class mail in a 9x12 envelope folded in half lengthwise for $1.64 to anywhere in the US. Even Priority mail wouldn't be more than $4.60 + say $1.00 for insurance. Others may chime in with their experience.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Just my experience as a seller of ties on this forum, I ship by First Class mail in a 9x12 envelope folded in half lengthwise for $1.64 to anywhere in the US. Even Priority mail wouldn't be more than $4.60 + say $1.00 for insurance. Others may chime in with their experience.
It is simpler for automatic shopping carts to calculate the shipping cost by total cart cost rather than knowing the weight of each item (and dimensions of the box, and knowing how many packages the order will be split into, etc). So the stores use the 'shipping according to price' method and just let it average out. It is discouraging though when a tie costs $12 to ship.

thomaus247

Reaction score

I think it would be more appropriate to compare our shipping charges to specialty stores, Neimans, Tuttle, Paul Stuart. I don't fold the ties myself in the back room. We ship ups or fed ex in a box. Our shipping policies and prices are driven by our catalog that ships throughout the country (California is our biggest state). Most companies that process and ship as many orders as we do, usually charge on a total cost method.

The good thing is the tie was 50% off or the shippig would have been $14.

I appreciate the input.

TM

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually HATE when people send me things in envelopes, with our postal service they will smush, put books or other heavy items on the tie and they end arriving wrinkled and once stained. I would much prefer a box with another plastic wrapper. Since it would cost a lot more to send a tie to get it cleaned at that repair place in NY the 12 doesn't seem that high.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I actually HATE when people send me things in envelopes, with our postal service they will smush, put books or other heavy items on the tie and they end arriving wrinkled and once stained. I would much prefer a box with another plastic wrapper. Since it would cost a lot more to send a tie to get it cleaned at that repair place in NY the 12 doesn't seem that high.

blush.gif
I always use bubble mailer envelopes and the ties often have the plastic sleeve so I hope they arrive in good condition.

I have received silk ties folded over too many times that had some creases but rolling them up for a day or two and then hanging usually takes care of it. A light steaming at worst will do the trick.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
blush.gif
I always use bubble mailer envelopes and the ties often have the plastic sleeve so I hope they arrive in good condition.

I have received silk ties folded over too many times that had some creases but rolling them up for a day or two and then hanging usually takes care of it. A light steaming at worst will do the trick.

I have never had a problem with any of your ties , in fact they are always in perfect condition and you triple wrap everything. I think you do one of the best jobs wrapping items. However, for 1 of you I have had more than a handful do a terrible job.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
fwiw, I hate getting ties in envelopes; therefore, I mail out all the ties I sell in boxes - even if it's just one tie. (You can use boxes designed to ship VHS tapes -- readily available in multi-packs at stationery stores like Staples and stores like CVS and Target, and of course the Post Office stocks them as well.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads