• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New season of South Park

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S13E03 - Margaritaville had some amusing moments. A decent satire of the recession and the New Testament. The best offering so far. 7/10

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
There is a new season? Wow! If thought this was dead and buried. I'm sure they can keep it going. The Simpsons has set the precedent for this kind of thing. They haven't made a good episode since season 9/10 and it's like season 213 now. Crapfest.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Last night was actually really well written, with the parallels of Christ and the bailouts. Good stuff. But there was something about it, I didn't really enjoy it all that much. Weird.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, a strong episode late night.

Oxnard

Reaction score
I am a huge South Park fan still, always have been, its one of the few shows I stay up to watch when new episodes come on. For the new season, Episode One was allright, best part for me was hearing Mickey Mouse call the Jonas Brothers faggots, that gave me a chuckle. Disney is pretty easy to hate too, and I really despise the whole opal ring idea. Episode 2, The ****, allright, though for a while now they have overdone the whole point that everyone really hates Cartman. Best part of that episode was his interaction with Butters, in particular Butter's "Professor Chaos secret base" storage locker. Episode 3 was pretty fun I thought, I always like the episodes that center around Stan's dad Randy, he is definitely one of the funniest characters on the show. It sounds like there is not a lot of love for the recent years of South Park. Personally I thought last season was one of the better ones in recent years: Overlogging was one of the best episodes in the last few years, downright hysterical(the grapes of wrath ripoff about them moving west due to loss of internet) Major Boobage, Super Fun Time, About Last Night was pretty good, The Pandemic was also allright. Season 11 had some pretty downright awful episodes (D-Yikes, the Tourette Syndrome episode, With Apologies to Jesse Jackson), though Guitar Queer-O and Night of the Living Homeless were both pretty good. Imaginationland was kindve funny just for all the popculture references. Lastly, I want to mention that I am very thankful to the South Park people for putting up every episode of South Park ever made in full on their www.southparkstudios.com website. There are a few 20 second advertisements, but ****, its every episode ever, for free!

xpress

Reaction score
Margaritaville --> South Park classic!!

Best episode in a long time

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I am 5 minutes into the first ep. of the new season and it is already one of the most inappropriate (and thus hilarious) episodes in recent memory. Awesome.
fing02[1].gif

It was a brilliant episode. Disney Christians Sex exploitation Consumerism all rolled into one. BTW I think majority of Americans cannot take a joke about any of these topics, that is why so many of you didin't like the first episode. Episodes like the first one should be made part of school curriculum.

DBoon

Reaction score
the first episode not being funny had nothing to do with not being able to take a joke. It's more about South Park being unable to give one.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
the first episode not being funny had nothing to do with not being able to take a joke. It's more about South Park being unable to give one.

I bet you loved Margaritaville episode cause you got all the Jesus references.

Americans are so transparent the moment you do Bible they all over it , it makes them warm and fuzzy.

To paraphrase Mikey Mouse: "Christians are marsupialed!"

DBoon

Reaction score
The whole point of South Park not being funny anymore is that they think what constitutes a "joke" is to make a (blatant) reference to something. No comedy, just a reference to something. For example...The **** episode was completely unfunny.

The type of comedy South Park used to do that was funny were things like:

Cartman singing
- "I don't wanna wait...for our liiives to be overrr" as he beats the 1700s messenger boy with a club
- "She works hard for the money" as he tries out for the Cheesy Poofs commercial
- "In the Ghetto" at Kenny's House
- "Come Sail Away"
etc...

Wendy: "Dolphins are intelligent and friendly"
Cartman: "Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise"

Hilarious premises like Kathy Lee Gifford coming to town, the Planet-Arium, mating elephant to pig, gay dog, etc.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched Margaritaville. Meh. There were good ideas in it, but it just didn't make me laugh.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DBoon
- "I don't wanna wait...for our liiives to be overrr" as he beats the 1700s messenger boy with a club.
I have to watch that now.

Liam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I don't think I laughed out loud once during that entire episode.
frown.gif

Did you at least laugh quietly inside once?

I didn't hate it. Still a big fan of South Park.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads