1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*New!!* Ryan gosling Jacket? Help!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dmagicn, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

What we need is a dedicated Ryan Gosling sub-forum.

2. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

i'm ryan gosling

1 person likes this.
  3. meso

meso Senior member

I totally don't understand it. I've never looked at a pic of ryan gosling and thought, "YES. I need THAT cardigan!"
    But it's not really about whether you do or do not understand.
    It's that these questions get posted here about 5 times a day by newbies with no interest in staying around or contributing to SF.
    It's rude and tedious.

4. thedriver

thedriver Member

While SF is a community, it's also a resource. I couldn't care less which celebrities are dating who or if their kids have been acting up in school, but I (evidently along with others) do like to find out what they're wearing. It may seem silly to most, but I like the hunt of trying to find a particular white t shirt in a market flooded with ones that look very similar. I don't have pictures of Ryan Gosling posted on my wall or write fan mail to him, but I do like to know what wash of Levi's Made & Crafted jeans he's wearing. I've always been a research orientated person, and I enjoy it. As I said, SF is a resource, and one that can be accommodating to fairly niche interests such as this one. If you happen to like a suit that a celebrity is wearing and the information isn't readily available, it can be extremely difficult to find out which designer it is. People who don't have the time or the means to find it on their own come here. I happen to know quite a bit about Ryan Gosling's wardrobe, so I check back here every now and then to see if anyone has any questions that I can answer. I see nothing wrong with it, and frankly I find the senior members sarcasm and mockery more tedious than the celebrity wardrobe threads. Tired of seeing Ryan Gosling threads? Stop clicking on them.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Don't make new threads. Post in ask a question.

6. meso

meso Senior member

Yup.
    SF may be a "resource" but you have to not be a self-centered dick about it.

7. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

And you've completely missed the point.

8. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Who is this exhausting pissant and why is he lording it over the official boy band thread?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. thedriver

thedriver Member

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

10. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles John Candy

11. Dmagicn

Dmagicn Member

You sir are an awesome person, I really appreciate the help that you given me and possibly others.

12. Dmagicn

Dmagicn Member

13. Macintosh504

Macintosh504 Active Member

They also don't make that Timberland Stratham Weekender Jacket which is kind of depressing

14. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member