1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TheDroog, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

See above. Fabric quality is noticeably lower than RRL. Personally, I like the poplin button downs from D&S but stay away from the gauzy (wrinkly) stuff and the flannels are pretty terrible. The D&S designs tend to be a little more edgy (and sometimes silly) whereas Polo is more traditional and RRL is more historical.

For example, I recently picked up this D&S floral poplin on sale and have been very happy with it:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Looks like they're shutting Denim & Supply down:

http://www.expressnews.com/business...fit-tops-estimates-as-turnaround-10606465.php

The company is planning to close 20 to 25 percent of retail distribution points that underperform and weaken the brand, Larsson said on a conference call. Ralph Lauren has so far closed 15 of its own stores, out of a total 50 it has planned for the year, Nielsen said. The remainder will be shut in the fourth quarter after the holiday period, she said. The company also closed the Denim & Supply brand, which accounted for about 2 percent of global sales.

Bummer. I liked some of their stuff :(

3. J-Short

J-Short Member

I always wondered why the denim supply line never sold more? Seems to be plentiful at Macy's