• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New R. Martegani shoe

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some time ago, before my last trip to Italy, JCusey suggested a pattern that he thought would look very nice. Â Working with Martegani, and describing how I interpreted what JCusey thought, this is the result...
76550lg2dp.jpg
76575lg3dh.jpg
Pretty sweet. Â I will have them up on my site soon... and thanks again JCusey, great idea. Details: Both are basically wholecuts (the eyestay is plugged) with twin-needle stitching bringing up the pattern. Rustik calf on the 46 last, which is slightly elongated with a classic toe shape. Also, the waxing on the thread reflects in the photo, not really contrasted as much as it would appear.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm glad that you liked the idea, and I'm glad that the shoes turned out to your satisfaction. Now get them on the website.
wink.gif

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that you liked the idea, and I'm glad that the shoes turned out to your satisfaction. Now get them on the website. Â
wink.gif
Yes, Its been what like 4 days since Jcusey has bought some shoes.
tounge.gif
JJF PS: Royalties JC, demand ROYALTIES.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, Its been what like 4 days since Jcusey has bought some shoes.
Four days? Surely you jest. More like 20 hours (chocolate suede Gravati half-brogues with modified U-throat, slightly extended welt, and rubber Moustache soles on the 640 last, on sale).

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should adopt my signature... I broke down over the holidays and just bought a pair of Jodphur boots. I've been wanting a pair for awhile... luckily, I've narrowed down my wish list to three or four shoes...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Ron:

Those are beautiful shoes.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, and now I am waiting for more ideas from John...
wink.gif
I gave you ideas, Ron, but I don't see you rushing to stock that green shell cordovan cap-toe. Geez, some people.
wink.gif

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great, all we need is a primadonna shoe designer...*sheesh*
wink.gif
Silence from the peanut gallery. I will not be contradicted.
wink.gif

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see you rushing to stock that green shell cordovan cap-toe.

Well, as a matter of fact, I was just off emailing John at Horween with a few more questions concerning the green shell cordovan.

Keep em comin'...

My list for the day:

peccary/shell cordovan slipper
honey shell cordovan pattern for big size
flat silk laces instead of waxed cotton
spade lasts
scotch grain handsewns
genuine crepe walkers
etc., etc., etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads