1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New polo suit? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Aug 7, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

4. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Very nice. I bet you're counting the days til fall.

5. malek

malek Well-Known Member

I personaly don't like ralph lauren (everyone's gonna hate me now lol) BUT the suit looks in a pretty good condition so it must be a good deal u've made [​IMG]

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

That's a great dogtooth pattern. Suit looks nice, lots of potential to dress it up/down in different ways

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Wow, three piece too! Nice catch!

8. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

9. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

my sentiments exactly. Thank goodness I'm a 40R (well, more a 41R). But still very very tempted. Even though I have too many suits now, even though I have spent too much too [​IMG]

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

This is my first three piece, and my first "casual" suit. Do you think I can break the pieces and wear them separately? And if so, how?

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

This is my first three piece, and my first "casual" suit. Do you think I can break the pieces and wear them separately? And if so, how?

Sure! The jacket would work as a casual sportcoat, maybe with cords? Plus, naturally, omitting the waistcoat (althoughj I find it hard to do that [​IMG] ). How about the trousers alone?

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I personaly don't like ralph lauren (everyone's gonna hate me now lol) BUT the suit looks in a pretty good condition so it must be a good deal u've made [​IMG]
    I hate you.

[​IMG]

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

14. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I love it, Especially since you can use pants or jacket separately.

15. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

Is there a rear buckle adjuster on the trousers?

16. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Nope. No adjuster on the trousers, and I'll probably have to have them altered. Seller measured them as a 31" waist.

17. professor

professor New Member

Brand new here. Please be gentle. This suit has me very excited. I'm a college professor who actually likes to dress like a professional (unlike my slobby colleagues).

I think this suit would look rather good in a wood-paneled lecture hall this fall in front of some of my fine undergraduates. Conveniently enough, I'm a 42L.

18. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I don't think you're going to find a much better deal. Three piece? Cashmere blend? Identifiable designer name? For under $275? I'm not a professor, but I think this would certainly work for that. Maybe not all three pieces in the classroom (it screams country). I pulled the trigger before someone else snatched it away.

Also, if it turns out it doesn't fit, you should have no problem selling the suit.

19. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I think you did great and the suit is very nice.

My question is, How can sellers sell these Polo's at such a low price? They must get them very for very low wholesale prices to do this. There are many on Ebay selling RL, RLPL, and Polo at very deep discount. Anyone have any idea how they do it?

20. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Brand new here. Please be gentle. This suit has me very excited. I'm a college professor who actually likes to dress like a professional (unlike my slobby colleagues).

I think this suit would look rather good in a wood-paneled lecture hall this fall in front of some of my fine undergraduates. Conveniently enough, I'm a 42L.

Your are damn fucking skippy it would look good that way.
    Granted, this is tweed and the Polo suit isn't, but it's the same idea:
    [​IMG]

I really wish more professors would dress like the learned, scholarly folk they're supposed to be.