• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW Polo Shell Cordo Marlows (US 8)

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super discount!

Manufacturer:
Crockett & Jones for Polo Ralph Lauren
Style: Brown Shell Cordovan Derby
Model: Marlow
–Full Shell Cordovan Upper with double sole
MSRP: $695
Last: 325D (guess?)
Size: 8D US, Made in England
Length: 12"
Width: 4 1/4"
Condition: NEW, shoes were display so there is a hint of creasing in the uppers and minor imperfections in the sole.
Box and dust cloths INCLUDED. These are outlet overstock. I would keep these, but I already own a pair in the 341 last!

PRICE: A little secret...
Direct payment via PP. CC payments, split PP fees.

polo1sz2.jpg

polo3qb5.jpg

polo2qq1.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do they measure heel-to-toe Norcal?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit is true to size--they accomodate for a higher instep unlike the newer Polo English-made line (Tellman & Chawner).

Length: 12"
Width: 4 1/4"

Length appears closer to a 8.5-9 due to the extended double welt. Width is slightly wider than comparable sized RLPL 888.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NCT, you're correct that these are 325-lasted shoes. I find the 325 gives a generous, but not overly large fit through the toe box. I find it quite comfortable.

billiebob

Reaction score
I have these in size 11 and they are among my favorites. I find that they are either a bit narrow or 1/4 size smaller compared to my other size 11 shoes, but I have D/E feet.

These are a great deal at $250, that's for sure. They are currently on SALE at Polo.com for $476

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear a 7.5D.

These above and these RLPL Monks in 8D would likely be too large, correct?

pPOLO2-2568421_standard_v330.jpg

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
I usually wear a 7.5D.

These above and these RLPL Monks in 8D would likely be too large, correct?

pPOLO2-2568421_standard_v330.jpg

Yup, they're both almost certainly too large. IIRC, when I tried on the Polo monks, they ran about 1/4 size larger than the stated size.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Thinman.

What would you wear these shoes with? Are they more on the casual side or are they appropriate with a suit?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
Thanks Thinman.

What would you wear these shoes with? Are they more on the casual side or are they appropriate with a suit?

I'd wear the Marlow's with anything other than a suit or jacket made from a hard-finished fabric. I might wear them with a tweed suit, but they are a casual shoe because of the shape, the double sole, and the extended welt.

The RL monkstraps I would wear with anything other than a suit. I think the light color makes them inappropriate with a suit, though I'm sure someone here could find a combination that would look great.

So I'd wear either of these shoes with anything ranging from jeans to odd jacket and trousers, but the Marlow I would probably restrict to wear with soft-finished fabrics at the higher end of the formality scale.

NCT, sorry for the mini-hijack. Someone buy the shoes!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads