• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Peal boots at Brooks Brothers

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
10,883
Reaction score
48
Both look nice. I wish those suede boot were available in a brown calf though. I've been hankering for a boot like that for a while, but I keep missing them.
 

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
6,555
Reaction score
134
Originally Posted by grimslade
Both look nice. I wish those suede boot were available in a brown calf though. I've been hankering for a boot like that for a while, but I keep missing them.

You can probably get the C&J or Alfred Sargent badged versions from pediwear. I'm not sure which company makes the boots for Brooks. If it's alfred sargent, you can probably get it for about 40% the BB cost.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=62

Although the leather used in the BB collection might be better.

I actually had a pair of suede jodhpurs at one point, but didn't have the guts to wear it, and sold it off on ebay (I think another forum member bought it). I kind of regret selling it.... But I already have two brown jodhpurs (One grenson, one shell cordovan polo with a back strap, not a wrap-around strap) and a third boot in suede would have been a once or twice a year shoe. Better somebody else got it and used it more than me.
 

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
10,883
Reaction score
48
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
You can probably get the C&J or Alfred Sargent badged versions from pediwear. I'm not sure which company makes the boots for Brooks. If it's alfred sargent, you can probably get it for about 40% the BB cost.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=62

Although the leather used in the BB collection might be better.

I actually had a pair of suede jodhpurs at one point, but didn't have the guts to wear it, and sold it off on ebay (I think another forum member bought it). I kind of regret selling it.... But I already have two brown jodhpurs (One grenson, one shell cordovan polo with a back strap, not a wrap-around strap) and a third boot in suede would have been a once or twice a year shoe. Better somebody else got it and used it more than me.


I really want those Polo back-strap cordovan jodhpurs. Those, or the Zegna model, which is beautiful.
 

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
6,555
Reaction score
134
Originally Posted by grimslade
I really want those Polo back-strap cordovan jodhpurs. Those, or the Zegna model, which is beautiful.


Yeah, the polo's back straps are very cool. Once I got them, I decided to get rid of a bunch of other things as I think I will them quite a bit when autumn arrives. They go very well with denim, I think.

I think I know which Zegna you were talking about - I saw one, but wasn't sure whether it was labelled in the US or UK/European size, so I passed.
 

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
10,883
Reaction score
48
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I think I know which Zegna you were talking about - I saw one, but wasn't sure whether it was labelled in the US or UK/European size, so I passed.

I've only seen the Zegnas new in Europe (plus once on ebay). That doesn't really shed any light on the sizing, I guess. But I'm kicking myself for not at least trying them on in Italy, so I'd know what size to look for. Ah, well...
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
426,162
Messages
9,166,728
Members
192,551
Latest member
candinogroup

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top