1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Panta ties collection, over two dozen prints/wools/raw silks/cashmeres.

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

AAHere is the new Panta tie collection, fabric for fall/winter, summer and year round. The dimensions have been changed slightly, the ties are now 3 ¼-3 3/8 inches wide and 57-58 inches long. I have also made up a few in a 54 inch length (i'll note below which those are), going forward will offer every style in the standard length and the 54 inch length. Ties are all 6 fold and will either be self tipped, untipped with folded edges or tipped with silk. The fabrics come from the best mills around the world and the ties are manufactured in NYC. All ties are $99 each (shipped worldwide). Either Monday or Tuesday my site will go live and the ties will be migrated to the site then, prices there will be $119-$129. Here is my site (none of the links in it are working yet), still a bit of a work in progress, let me know what you think www.pantaclothing.com

While taste is subjective, I think this is a very strong and elegant collection of ties and I am very happy with them all. I’d like to thank everyone on the forum for being so supportive of this endeavor and as always, I am open to any suggestions on how to improve things.
    When ordering/PMing, please specify the tie number you would like in the subject box of the PM. Also, please, please when paying via paypal (no personal payments) give me the tie numbers you are paying for.

First up are the English 36 oz silk prints.

[​IMG]

1.Dark blue neat, pattern colors are light blue and pink. Self- tipped, lined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2.Brown neat, pattern color blue, light blue, yellow. Self-tipped, lined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3.Dark green neat, pattern colors red, blue, white. Self-tipped, lined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4.Burgandy/dark red neat, pattern colors light blue and peach. Self-tipped, lined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5.Burgandy/dark red neat, pattern colors light blue, dark blue. Self-tipped, lined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6.Navy neat, pattern colors light blue, white, orange. Self-tipped, lined. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7.50oz ribbed silk twill, I have this in navy (darker) and indigo. The navy is a midnight navy and the indigo is what most people would consider to be “navy”. The fabric is magnificent, takes on different hues in different light. Self-tipped, lined. (when ordering this one, please tell me “#7 indigo or #7 navy”)

Navy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Indigo
    [​IMG]

RAW SILKS:

[​IMG]

In order to save some time, I’ll post a set of pics of how the raw silks are done and then just one pic of each color available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8.Sahara (I’m in the mood for giving silly names to tie colors)

[​IMG]

9.Mediterranean Blue (blue with a very slight purple-ish hue)

[​IMG]

10.Cadet blue

[​IMG]

11.Purple Reign

[​IMG]

12.Kermit

[​IMG]

13.Chocolate Thunder

[​IMG]

14.U.S. Navy (the one in the first set of pics)

[​IMG]

For color comparison purposes, here are the three blues in the raw silks, med. blue, Cadet blue, Navy

[​IMG]

WOVENS/GRENADINES

[​IMG]

The woven silk here comes from a very small mill in Italy. I do not know who else uses them but I will say that it is some of the most beautiful stuff I have ever seen. I think you can literally wear this ties with any outfit and it will look smashing.

15.Blue/Grey repp woven silk. Silk-tipped, lined. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The following six ties are the same fabric, the first three are brown, the following three are blue

16.Brown mini herringbone woven. This tie was impossible to photograph, it’s a very rich color. Silk-tipped, lined.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17.Brown mini herringboven woven with light blue dots with a white outline. This is the same fabric as the above, but with the dots added. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18.Brown mini paisley, again, same fabric as the solid with the light blue paisleys added.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19.Slate blue mini herringbone, it’s a great “cool” color, a dark blue, about two shades lighter than navy, with a grey hue. Pics don’t do it justice. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20.Same as above but with light blue dots with white circle added.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21.Same as the solid but with mini paisleys in light blue added.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Group pic of the three blue, they are on the between the orange linen and the repp:

[​IMG]

22.Navy grenadine, fabric milled by Seteria Bianchi, they call this “Garza piccola” and I find that they grenadine colors "pop" a bit more than the other millls. Unlined, silk tipped. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23.Same as above, in chocolate brown. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LINEN/WOOLS/CASHMERES

[​IMG]

24.Navy “denim” linen, this is a great textured tie, it is very substantial. Although linen, I made this to be worn in fall/winter with tweed, flannels. Its lined, self-tipped and for lovers of thick ties. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Following three linen ties:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25.Navy Irish linen tie. About a shade lighter than the above, also lighter in weight, this one is appropriate for year round wear. This is a really gorgeous shade in a wonderful fabric. Lined, self tipped.

26.Same as above but in a wonderful burnt orange/rust. Will work great in the fall/winter as well as spring.

27.Same as above but in chocolate brown. Lined self tipped

28.Blue and white houndstooth wool, lined, self tipped. Fabric is from Scabal, this is a great tie and the blue/white really make it stand out. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29.Black and white houndstooth wool, fabric from Reid and Taylor. A classic, can be worn for everything from weddings to job interviews. Lined, self tipped. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30.Orange cashmere Donegal. Unlined, (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

31.Linen/silk slubby dusty pink herringbone. Unlined/untipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

32.Blue herringbone cashmere, unlined/untipped. (SOLD OUT)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33. Khaki herringbone cashmere

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bow ties, I’ll update with individual pics but pretty much every silk print is available as a bow, along with some of the cashmeres/raw silk/wool. Prices for the bows are $45 shipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

love the new collection ed.

4. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

These are pretty goddamn phenomenal. [​IMG]

5. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

6. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

7. edmorel

thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated. Thoughts on the site? I will reply to the PMs in a few, I have multiples of all ties and don't think anyone will miss out on anything, I just have to take some more pics, retake others, and this threak took me like four hours to put together so I need a bit of a break.

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

PS - PM sent over half an hour ago =)

9. uniesse

uniesse Senior member

Too many PM's sent.

10. Adarael

The general layout & color scheme looks good. Nice use of modern fonts, plenty of whitespace. I can't say I'd do anything different in terms of the look and feel, other than I'm not personally fond of mixing those shades of green and blue - but that's a personal rather than professional preference.

Currently, however, I can't see any content in any of the clothes sections, and "About" still returns generic filler text. I assume this is because you just haven't hooked anything up yet. Also, the search button is off-center from the input field, which you may wish to fix sooner rather than later. (I'm using IE9, at the moment, just FYI).

All in all, pretty good stuff.

(Full disclosure: I was a web developer & designer for about 11 years, so I have defined opinions on what makes a good storefront.)

11. Salad

Salad Senior member

PM and payment sent for two ties. Nice stuff. Hard to limit myself to just two!

12. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

The ties are INCREDIBLE. God I wish I weren't on a buying hiatus.

The website is horrible, though. Sorry. It looks like a Chinese Internet Tailor's website. Who did howardyount.com? I like that one very much.

13. edmorel

thanks, I will have the search button centered. The color scheme is the same as the color scheme on my labels. No content at all and need to fill a bunch of things up still.

14. edmorel

Chinese Internet Tailor is the look I am going for :slayer:

Anything specific you don't like though about the layout?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  15. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Fonts are too generic. WAY TOO MUCH CAPS LOCK. Images look like cheesy stock photos. Page doesn't fit on my netbook screen. I don't like the "TROUSERS; Browse our products >" thing. I really don't like the use of Verdana or whatever that is.

Check out Drake's London's website for a good example of a website that is laid out almost identically to yours but looks much more polished.

16. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

pm sent on 28 and 32

17. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Gorgeous ties, Ed.

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Your stuff is amazing!!! Welcome back.

19. Adarael

From a design perspective, I disagree very strongly. For the record, I dislike the Drake's site's layout and organization immensely.

But, if we're going to get into it, here's what I think:

The fonts should remain "generic" as long as you're working in HTML and not Flash/Silverlight, because you need to ensure your font hierarchy is available to the majority of your users. Your current fonts do this. Fancy fonts are the purview of people who are attempting to disguise a lack of content, in my experience. Verdana and other fonts are packaged with all major OSes specifically so that all web users can use them - and they've been designed for clarity and reability on-screen, something most other fonts are not designed for.

IF you wish to spruce up your fonts with something more stylized, you'll want to replace all of your headers, subheaders, and all that with images - which, as I'm sure you can imagine, increases turnaround time on updating your site considerably.

What I WOULD recommend doing - since Bleachboy is right about the SECTION: Browse Our Products... headers - would be to reorganize what those are. Those big images are usually called "hero items" , and you probably don't want to duplicate your drop-down menu with them. A section about new items, a section for deals/sales, and a section for your process or physical store would be best, I think. I'd also add a brief blurb about Panta between the search bar and the hero items, to give it a more pleasing spacing.

20. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.