• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Pair of JL Chapels: Red Museum or Plum Museum

pledge

Reaction score
The title says it all: Just curious to get some SF members' opinions. Is the red museum too similar to chestnut museum? Is the plum too similar to dark brown museum? Anyone actually with pictures of red museum? Thanks!

evanrose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
The title says it all: Just curious to get some SF members' opinions. Is the red museum too similar to chestnut museum? Is the plum too similar to dark brown museum? Anyone actually with pictures of red museum? Thanks!

Have you checked here?

I say you should get 'em both. The Chapel is the epitome of beautiful shoeness.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unless you have 10 pairs of black and brown shoes there is no reason to contemplate red or purple ones...so said a wise man.

pledge

Reaction score
Hmm...differing opinions....I'll compromise....Chapel in Plum; Vale in black calf. Deal? Thx for your replies.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You'll regret spending that kind of money on a purple shoe. Maybe not a month or even a year from now but eventually you will.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Unless you have 10 pairs of black and brown shoes there is no reason to contemplate red or purple ones...so said a wise man.
+1

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I see what the other B. is saying, but I am alright with the plum museum...red, less so.

- B

Pengranger

Reaction score
Clearly we have the same taste in shoes...

DSC_0314a.jpg
aDSC_0109.jpg

I think the Chapels in black look fantastic. I've seen other styles in red museum and I wasn't impressed. The plum looks great with a grey suit.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
dark brown and red Chapels

pledge

Reaction score
Thanks again for everyone's input. Pengranger, those shoes are beautiful; I own them both. We do indeed seem to have similar tastes. aportnoy, the red museum chapels are wonderful. The finish reminds me of a pair of Tanino Crisci shoes I almost purchased a while back. Thanks for the picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads