1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New pair of brogues

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by puzzledexpression, Oct 11, 2004.

1. puzzledexpression

puzzledexpression Member

I want to buy a new pair of brown brogues or perhaps half-brogues.  Something in a darkish brown, fairly 'relaxed' (single sole, not double) that could be worn with jeans or moleskins on a Saturday, but that would polish up nicely for church on a Sunday.  I'm thinking of going to John Lobb (the RTW range from the shop on Jermyn Street) or Edward Green in the Burlington Arcade; or perhaps Cleverley's, though they don't have a big RTW selection.  What style/model would you recommend (link to a picture would be great)?

Puzzled

2. puzzledexpression

puzzledexpression Member

No helpful word of advice or encouragement for me? I'll be in the shops tomorrow afternoon. My oen preference is a pair of EG Plymouths...

Puzzled

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

How about the EG Berkeley or Chelsea?

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Edward Green has just launched a new round-toed last 82, which is more elegant then the long established 202. I believe the first production shoes are to hit Burlington Arcade by the end of the month. You'll find some pictures here: http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....5;st=10 It might be worth postponing your purchase for a couple of weeks until shoes made on the new last are actually in the shop.

5. puzzledexpression

puzzledexpression Member

Thanks for the news, bengal-stripe. I will hang on until I can compare shoes made on the new last with the older lasts that I know work well for me (202 and 606). I have a very broad foot, so the 82 may represent a bit of a challenge, but we shall see...

Regards,

Puzzled

6. SUPER K

SUPER K Senior Member

while in that neighborhood, Tricker's is worth a look