1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Oxxford shirt, Zegna & Bizzocchi ties

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by johnnynorman3, Jun 22, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I'm going to be putting a few things up on Ebay, but wanted to give people a shot here first. 1. Â NWT Oxxford Crest shirt - sz. 16R (measured to a 34" sleeve). Â This is in a 140s 2x2 ply cotton. Â The Crest shirts are Made in the USA. Â They don't have the handwork of the old Oxxford shirts that were made in Italy (possibly by Kiton), but the fabrics are great IMO. Â The chest measures 50" and it has 4" of taper through the waist. Â The shoulders measure 19". Â The shirt is a very pale light blue background with multi-color pinstripes in mauve pink and blue. Â I like it quite a bit, and the cotton is very luxurious. Â A great broadcloth for year round wear. Â Barrell cuffs; thick MOP buttons. Â Split, chevroned yoke (very cool detail). The collar and cuffs are NOT fused. Pic 1Pic 2 Asking $95, with free domestic shipping. 2. Â New Zegna tie -- Chocolate brown with floating paisleys. Â I took the tag off but never wore the tie. Â It is a very fine silk twill. Â Medium thick and a nice chalky hand. Â I already have a couple of brown ties so I thought I'd sell this one since it is brand new. Â I'm asking $27.50 with free domestic shipping. Pic 1Pic 2 3. Â Massimo Bizzocchi tie -- I like this one, but it just looks like crap on my skin tone. Â It is a burnt orange/rust color. Â Silk twill with printed squares in red and white. Â I took the Neiman Marcus tag off of this one, but it's never been worn. Â I'm asking $30 with free domestic shipping. Pic I put the ties up against the Oxxford shirt for no real reason. Â I think that both ties could match up decently with the shirt, but I didn't place the ties against the shirt for any particular purpose other than to give a background. If anyone buys two or more items, I'll knock $5 off. PM me.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

what is a chevroned yoke?

How can you tell whether cuffs and collars are fused?

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Chevroned yoke is when the split yoke is meets at angles. So instead of the stripes going like ------- across the yoke,
    -------
    they go like ^. In terms of collars and cuffs, you can tell just by rubbing your fingers across the collar and cuffs -- in nonfused, the interlining with be "floating."

4. bachbeet

bachbeet Distinguished Member

I like the shirt a lot. But, it's too short in the sleeves for me.