• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Old Stock Benchgrade Alan Mcafee 8.5 AA Wingtip

kali77

Reaction score
I have up for sale a wonderful pair of New old stock Alan Mcafee Black Wingtips for sale. They measure 11 3/4" from heel to toe and 4" wide at the widest point. I purchased these a while ago and forgot they were in my closet. They are a little to small for me. They have only been tried on once and on carpet. SOLD shipped in the US

kali77

Reaction score
Monday morning bump.

kali77

Reaction score
smile.gif
Reduced to $125 shipped

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
I have these very shoes in a 10 or 10.5 by way of a quality forum seller. Very nice shoes and quite similar to Church's custom grade, IMO.

Thanks for the kind words. I really feel like these are a steal at this price. They are a great classic design for business, IMO.

kali77

Reaction score
Ok. Looking to move these. Last price reduction $110 shipped
smile.gif
These are terrific shoes at this price.

P.S. that is not a scratch on the right shoe it is a piece of my Akita Aiko's hair

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
Thanks for the kind words. I really feel like these are a steal at this price. They are a great classic design for business, IMO.

They really are...if they were a D width, I would have jumped at them at their original price.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
They really are...if they were a D width, I would have jumped at them at their original price.

Nerdy thanks. If they were a D width they would still live in my closet with the rest of the shoe family
laugh.gif

kali77

Reaction score
Upone time. May be open to trades or offers.

pejsek

Reaction score
Just so everybody knows, these shoes are identical to the analogous Church's model. Mcafee was a venerable old bespoke maker. At some point the brand seems to have been acquired by Church's and used as a workaround to exclusivity deals. Here in San Francisco, for example, you could buy Church's at the Church's store or you could buy McAfee at Bullock & Jones or I. Magnin--at that time the McAfee shoes likely had more cachet, but they really were the same shoes. So if a pair of NOS Church's shoes appeals to you, don't hesitate to pick these up.

kali77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
I can only assume that there are no 8.5AA's on this forum.

That is what I started thinking after virtually no inquiries on them. I guess they will just remain in my closet, bored and feeling left out
frown.gif

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
That is what I started thinking after virtually no inquiries on them. I guess they will just remain in my closet, bored and feeling left out
frown.gif

Ebay. You might be able to mention Church's custom grade in the title of the auction provided the above description of the relationship to drive more business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads