• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New old New York apartment

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
So as you may know I'm in the process of moving (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=118439) and you've probably see the mayhem that ensued the other day that ended in Randallr having hand paint prints on his butt:
IMG_6524.jpg
IMG_6525.jpg
I've decided in the living area with the white walls and black wood floors that I think one wall would look nice in a grey color...so that's what we did yesterday. Some furniture I've bought/ordered this weekend: Kartell grey Cocco Madamoiselle chair
b-pop-up-kartell-cocco.jpg
I wanted to pearl but Baloona Side Table by Natalie Kruch
tKqzFc5SrDsvt8E1SPKd8balloonstool_detail.jpg
Draper sofa in pearl from CB2
01-09-2009draper.jpg
Micnos table lamp from Artemide
miconostable.jpg
Perspective bed (in brushed stainless not pictured) from Room & Board
bedroom.jpg
Cowhide rug
corrug.jpg
Still looking for: Floor lamp Night stand Coffee table Armoire/mirror Desk Shelves

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks nice j. when is housewarming?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you make Randallr do all of the work?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that Micnos lamp.

Are you looking for an armoire by any chance - I've had this standing empty in the middle of our bedroom since my wife's closet was finished last week...

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm surprised that if you can spend so much money on furniture that you would paint the walls yourself.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some cool new furniture. But, that metal bed seems like it would hurt like a m*ther f*cker if you bumped it at night.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I like that Micnos lamp.

Are you looking for an armoire by any chance - I've had this standing empty in the middle of our bedroom since my wife's closet was finished last week...

I'm trying to find something that has a mirror on the front and taller but a little less wide...I saw something at West Elm when I was looking for a rug someone told me about, but I really don't like the wood finish.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'm trying to find something that has a mirror on the front and taller but a little less wide...I saw something at West Elm when I was looking for a rug someone told me about, but I really don't like the wood finish.

Sounds like something you may find at Bo Concept - but their prices are silly - same as a custom piece

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^cb2 and bo concept are by far the best of the mid-range stuff IMO.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Sounds like something you may find at Bo Concept - but their prices are silly - same as a custom piece

Yah I walk by there daily en route to work.

I still need to see how the walk in closet will come along. Randallr wants to install stuff but I don't trust that kid with more than paint...he's sloppy
wink.gif

I need to get everything unpacked and situated and see how it works.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^cb2 and bo concept are by far the best of the mid-range stuff IMO.

Quality at R&B is much higher IME - solid wood vs. particle board and nasty veneers. Design is not as flashy as CB2. Bo looks OK but value for money seems very low - I do like their ottoman that transforms into a guest bed, whatver they call it - pretty ingenious for small NYC apartments.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah, i've only bought their accoutremounts so can't attest to long-term quality/durability.

my house is so fucked up, ultimate mix of high low. is either knoll or ikea with very little in between.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^yeah, i've only bought their accoutremounts so can't attest to long-term quality/durability.

my house is so fucked up, ultimate mix of high low. is either knoll or ikea with very little in between.

What about the Nasty Pig swing?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Apartment seems to be looking good SoCal.

R&B is a great link, thanks for posting it Greg. I think I might have found a bed for the new house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics