• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Nordstrom Rack opening soon, what to expect?

jrsmiles

Reaction score
I have a new Rack opening tomorrow in my area. What kind of deals can one expect there, any typical good deals on Allen Edmonds?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly **** but with some occasional good suits, Canali exlusive collection Hickey freeman presidential, etc. Decent amount of Zanella pants which I'm a fan of. Lots of AEs but many will be seconds or refurbs (check carefully). Good deals on tennis shoes, occasional good ties. That was the situation at the ones in the town I lived in up until a year ago. Have set foot in one since I moved.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found NR to be the crappiest of all the anchor store outlets. However, if you're into HF, they occasionally have some great details (sportcoats for less than $250, etc). Only thing I've bought was one of those Isaia-made Corallorosso pieces, which is great, check for those since they've been discontinued. They have electric blue basting stitching.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Mostly ****...

This.

Perhaps you'll be lucky
confused.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
This.

Perhaps you'll be lucky
confused.gif

I bought a navy Hickey Freeman Presidental suit there for $600. It's been my go to conservative suit for 3 years. That was probably the best thing I've found there.

detroiter

Reaction score
I bought a navy Hickey Freeman Presidental suit there for $600. It's been my go to conservative suit for 3 years. That was probably the best thing I've found there.

how do you know what a presidential HF is? does it say on the tag?

hangten

Reaction score
Occasional Santoni, sometimes Robert Talbott shirts, but mostly junk

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw a Vanguard cut sportcoat in a really great brown with earth-tone overchecks for $229. Was an R and not an S
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
. I think HF tailored clothing is the only 'desirable' item they stock reliably.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's definitely a find! I bought Magnanni bals for pretty cheap...other than that nothing much.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
how do you know what a presidential HF is? does it say on the tag?

It will say on the tag/label, but more importantly, it is hand made to the extent that it rivals Oxxford. Beautiful button hole finishing.

Tobacco Man

Reaction score
Mostly junk. The majority of the stuff that I find and actually like isn't in my size. Worth browsing through though...
lookaround.gif

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We just had one open in STL a couple of weeks ago. It's not in the same league as NMLC or Off Fifth. A lot of the locals have been complaining that it's no better than TJ Maxx, but that's ridiculous. I've found that the casual shirts are pretty decent. The shoes are okay--Allen Edmonds, some Santonis, and lots of Cole Haan. I wouldn't buy any of the ties, suits, or SCs that I saw there, though.

detroiter

Reaction score
here ya go

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...t=presidential

Thanks, does look like a very nice suit. I am in the market for a suit for around 800, maybe ill check nordstrom rack this weekend. How is the quality of non presidential HF? I have previously owned a hugo boss that is ehhh, a burberry i liked but wore out very quickly, and a zegna i picked up for around 750 that i absolutely love. All the zegnas i like are out of my price range (few at last call that are still around 1700) or black ones at off 5th (obviously i dont want a black suit).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads