• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New NM Last Call on-line store

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email about the new NM Last Call on-line store ... selection kind of blows. Very disappointed. I guess you still have to go to the b&m stores to get the deals on Paul Smith, Etro, Borelli, Sutor, etc.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
+ a gazillion, it's all Neiman Marcus brand.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It ******* sucks. Well, unless you like Robert Graham, nat Nast and mark nason

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it kind of has to be the stuff they know they're not going to run out of in a hurry, right?

The only way the good stuff can ever end up online is if it DOESNT end up in a physical NMLC store location, because to do both at once would just be an enormous redundancy & waste of their resources.

I'm surprised they even tried to start an e-store at all, the existing discount etailers have the market pretty well cornered; IMO it's going to take something big to edge in on them.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
Just got an email about the new NM Last Call on-line store ... selection kind of blows. Very disappointed. I guess you still have to go to the b&m stores to get the deals on Paul Smith, Etro, Borelli, Sutor, etc.

You won't find any of those brands in any of the midwest (IL or Mich )NM last call outlet stores.
Gurnee Mills had Borelli and some Lobbs (2 or 3 pairs) when they first opened. This year the only high end shoes I saw were a few pairs of alligator shoes. The store in Mich has not had any good shoes in the last 4 or 5 years.
frown.gif

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
You won't find any of those brands in any of the midwest (IL or Mich )NM last call outlet stores.
Gurnee Mills had Borelli and some Lobbs (2 or 3 pairs) when they first opened. This year the only high end shoes I saw were a few pairs of alligator shoes. The store in Mich has not had any good shoes in the last 4 or 5 years.
frown.gif

IME, all else being equal, good shoes are the hardest things to find in outlet stores.

This idea makes total sense; they already have an online store/shipping infrastructure for regular NM, and they have factories contracted out making NM outlet-specific clothing, so this is the logical next step.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Last Call's and Off Fifth's at Potomac Mills and Arundel Mills? Worth checking out?

detroiter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
frown.gif

shoes suck at michigan, but I was just there, and they had a lot of brioni and kiton suits. I wish I could afford them even with 30% off last call prices theyw ere still 2000 and over. One of the brioni had a 5800 price tag on it

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems that only the stuff they have in qualtity makes it online. The special items that are left in only a few odd sizes -- sometimes my size and probably your size -- don't seem to make it.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Has anyone been to the Last Call's and Off Fifth's at Potomac Mills and Arundel Mills? Worth checking out?

Every summer during the Jazzfest, I checkout both malls and never find any nice shoes.
About 5 years ago, I found some top of the line Testoni shoes at Nordstrom's Rack @ Potomac Mills. They retailed for $1200 or $1300, I think I paid $179.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I cant bring my purple stamp in the fitting room in the online store?
confused.gif

laugh.gif

Made in California

Reaction score
Link to the store?

reachforit108

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617

Yes. I have found some very good items at both stores (in both malls) through the years. potomac mills tends to give you more bang for your buck though, as there are more stores (NMLC,Off Fifth,Nordstrom Rack,Marshalls,TJMaxx,etc). unfortunately, as is typical with outlet type stores, you never really know what they will have on any given day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics