• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New MTO Edward Green Falkirks. Come on in....

tmw

Reaction score
I ordered these at Leffot's last EG show in the fall and just received them the other day.

Falkirk on 82 last, double sole, Dk.Oak/Navy Suede. Size 8/8.5C

They fit like gloves and I'm delighted with the way they turned out, just wanted to share. As always, it's a real pleasure to work with Steven at Leffot...

cheers

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes.

These turn around times have kept me from going bespoke or MTO. I asked around in early January looking for G&G Rothchild wingtips and even that was a 4 month wait.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do you primarily plan to wear these? Would such a spectator be appropriate with a suit and tie? Or just for more casual outings. They are beautiful. I especially appreciate the navy contrast.

Last edited:

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice!!!

tmw

Reaction score

Beautiful shoes.
These turn around times have kept me from going bespoke or MTO. I asked around in early January looking for G&G Rothchild wingtips and even that was a 4 month wait.

Actually, 14-16 weeks is often given by the manufacturer and is a very reasonable turnaround time for MTO. The trunk show was 10/27/11 so these took about 16 weeks . Right on schedule. G+G seem to take a bit longer.

tmw

Reaction score

How do you primarily plan to wear these? Would such a spectator be appropriate with a suit and tie? Or just for more casual outings. They are beautiful. I especially appreciate the navy contrast.

I rarely do suits and ties anymore. But these would look good with navy or gray flannel. I spend a lot of time in denim and chinos and that's how I plan to wear'em.

Ivon

Reaction score
I'm close to pulling the trigger on MTO Falkirks as well, but probably in Edwardian Antique. Any thoughts/experience with that color? 14-16 week turnaround isn't that bad, at least compared to G&G these days. I have a shoe on reserve at BE that came in last week, it was delayed about a month, but I'm not complaining. Spectators aren't my thing, but those shoes are really nice.

tmw

Reaction score

I'm close to pulling the trigger on MTO Falkirks as well, but probably in Edwardian Antique. Any thoughts/experience with that color? 14-16 week turnaround isn't that bad, at least compared to G&G these days. I have a shoe on reserve at BE that came in last week, it was delayed about a month, but I'm not complaining. Spectators aren't my thing, but those shoes are really nice.

In fact I saw a pair of Falkirks in Edwardian about a year ago and thought they were stunning. They were on the 202 last w/HAF soles. Who is BE?

Last edited:

Ivon

Reaction score
Bespoke England, my Rothchilds have arrived. The Falkirks in Edwardian are based on a shoe Leather Soul had from EG in 2009 and long since sold out. Search back far enough on the Leather Soul site and they should still have pics. They are magnificent.

tmw

Reaction score

Bespoke England, my Rothchilds have arrived. The Falkirks in Edwardian are based on a shoe Leather Soul had from EG in 2009 and long since sold out. Search back far enough on the Leather Soul site and they should still have pics. They are magnificent.

I love Rothschilds. The next G+G show at Leffot is (I think) in the 2nd half of April, I plan to order a pair of Rothschilds or maybe Hayes-not sure yet. I'm still waiting for the Astaires I ordered at the G+G trunk show in early October.

I just checked the Falkirk you mentioned on the LS site and yes, that is one killer shoe. I have an EG Sandringham (888) in whiskey crup (cordovan) which is almost identical in color. In fact that's why I bought it, it's got an incredible warm caramel color like the Falkirks in that photo.

cheers

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Falkirks in Chestnut Antique on the 82 last. Exquisite, in my opinion. But I imagine Edwardian Antique looks sublime as well. If I come away empty-handed (ie sans Carminas) after my trip to Barcelona in March, then I may need to drop into that G&G Trunk Show . . .

Last edited:

cwh812

Reaction score

Actually, 14-16 weeks is often given by the manufacturer and is a very reasonable turnaround time for MTO. The trunk show was 10/27/11 so these took about 16 weeks . Right on schedule. G+G seem to take a bit longer.

Awesome shoes. I ordered two pairs during that trunk show. Hopefully that means my shoes are almost here.:slayer:

As a comparison I did a pair of Lobb MTO's and I am on month 6 of the wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads