• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New MTM Suit, Need Some Opinions

jjoohhnn3

Reaction score
I just got my MTM suit from indochino.com and was generally pleased with the cut and quality. Let me know what you guys think about the fit of the jacket. I was thinking about taking it into my local tailor to get some little alterations and would like to know if there is any area that I should consider.
Apparently indochino reimburses you for $25 of the alteration fee.

The two main areas I was thinking about getting altered were the shoulders and the hips. I think the shoulder pads are a little to big and creates an distorted shoulder line. Also, do you guys think I should get the hips taken in too?

Sorry for the wrinkles, but it came right out of the box and haven't had time to get it pressed.

Finsen

Reaction score
If the shoulders don't fit, you should return it. Havin the shoulders altered by a local tailor will just ruin the whole thing. There are a bit too much material at the back. You need to take better pics for us to comment further.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it looks like it might be pulling alittle in the front. Teh back seems to have excess fabric but it probably could be fixed.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good from the front

SlamMan

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just the bad picture or what but the waist supression is giving you an hour glass silhouette. Shoulders look decent to me although they don't have much life. I agree the back could be cleaned up a bit, especially near your underarms. You'll get more help with better pics. Obviously you just need to stand further away from the camera. Get it pressed too. It would be good to see the hips and the side view for the vents.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get it pressed and then show us the pictures!

bjm

Reaction score
Yeah, way to much waist supression. What is it with waist supression, people seem to way overdo it. Less is more in this area IMHO.

Originally Posted by SlamMan
I don't know if it's just the bad picture or what but the waist supression is giving you an hour glass silhouette. Shoulders look decent to me although they don't have much life. I agree the back could be cleaned up a bit, especially near your underarms. You'll get more help with better pics. Obviously you just need to stand further away from the camera. Get it pressed too. It would be good to see the hips and the side view for the vents.

jjoohhnn3

Reaction score
Here are some new pictures. I think there might be some extra waist suppression looking at the front view. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Should I ask the tailor to let out the waist or bring in the hips or both?

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems fine from the front, the back does have a bit too much fabric. Are the pants too long? I can't really tell if they're pooling or if it's the shoes.

jjoohhnn3

Reaction score
I am comfortable with the pants, its only the jacket I am considering getting tailored.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders do not look right and too much waist suppression makes the lower part/quarters look like a skirt.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looks good from the side!!!!
shoulders are way to wide
waist is pulle din to far.
is this another mtm on line company?
don't these tailors questions the measurments?
there is way too much suppression.
don't wate your time trying to fix this. just let the waist a little.
and start over with a smaller point to point and less padding in the shoulders.
Carl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads