• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New movie collateral ..

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who have seen Michael Mann's flick Heat; feat. 2 living legends in Pacino and DeNiro, does not Tom Cruise character in Collateral looks much like DeNiro character in Heat?

I have not seen the Collateral, but from the previews that i have seen, they are a like ..

Any comment?

NavyStyles

Reaction score
The hairstyles are similar. Apparently, Cruise is wearing a wig in the movie. Apart from the cut of the hair, both characters are suit-wearing gun slingers.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
De Niro and Pachino wore Canali in Heat, not sure about Cruise in this new one.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who have seen Michael Mann's flick Heat; feat. 2 living legends in Pacino and DeNiro, does not Tom Cruise character in Collateral looks much like DeNiro character in Heat?

I have not seen the Collateral, but from the previews that i have seen, they are a like ..

Any comment?
Heat sucked. What a disappointment that was.

koji

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(MilanoStyle @ 05 Aug. 2004, 11:35) Those who have seen Michael Mann's flick Heat; feat. 2 living legends in Pacino and DeNiro, does not Tom Cruise character in Collateral looks much like DeNiro character in Heat? I have not seen the Collateral, but from the previews that i have seen, they are a like .. Any comment?
Heat sucked. Â What a disappointment that was. koji
I like the part when the men walk out of the bank, after robbing it. A gunfight ensues, with federal agents opening fire in the middle of a very crowded metro street. Thousands of rounds fired into buildings, cars, busses, etc by cops and bad guys alike. So realistic...
confused.gif

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(MilanoStyle @ 05 Aug. 2004, 11:35) Those who have seen Michael Mann's flick Heat; feat. 2 living legends in Pacino and DeNiro, does not Tom Cruise character in Collateral looks much like DeNiro character in Heat? I have not seen the Collateral, but from the previews that i have seen, they are a like .. Any comment?
Heat sucked. Â What a disappointment that was. koji
Yeah, but that once scene was priceless, where DeNiro and Pacino are sitting across from each other in the diner going back and forth about how they were going to take each other down.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Someone on the "E" network was talking about how before Ray Charles died, he said Collateral was an excellent movie,
(he supposedly was at a screening or something)
and that was reason enough to go see it.

But...Ray Charles was blind...

Mike

Reaction score
I like the part when the men walk out of the bank, after robbing it.  A gunfight ensues, with federal agents opening fire in the middle of a very crowded metro street.  Thousands of rounds fired into buildings, cars, busses, etc by cops and bad guys alike.  So realistic...

Actually, this was based off an actual bank robbery in LA. Many cops were injured and a few were killed. Police, bank customers, and passersby all described as being in a war zone. In the end the two robbers were killed. It occured in the morning during rush hour. While not happeniing exactly the same as the actual robbery, it is based some what on fact.

quill

Reaction score
Someone on the "E" network was talking about how before Ray Charles died, he said Collateral was an excellent movie, (he supposedly was at a screening or something) and that was reason enough to go see it. But...Ray Charles was blind...
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
Â
biggrin.gif
(I have to admit, you had me on that one. )

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the part when the men walk out of the bank, after robbing it. Â A gunfight ensues, with federal agents opening fire in the middle of a very crowded metro street. Â Thousands of rounds fired into buildings, cars, busses, etc by cops and bad guys alike. Â So realistic...
Actually, this was based off an actual bank robbery in LA. Â Many cops were injured and a few were killed. Â Police, bank customers, and passersby all described as being in a war zone. Â In the end the two robbers were killed. Â It occured in the morning during rush hour. Â While not happeniing exactly the same as the actual robbery, it is based some what on fact.
I actually liked that scene; but the movie as a whole just didn't work for me. And perhaps my expectations were too high--Pacino was overacting horrendously throughout the entire movie, imo. koji

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I liked Heat. One annoying thing I would change about the movie if I could: Vincent Hanna's annoying idiot of a stepdaughter.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heat is one of all time my fav. movies. The only complaint would be the movie is too long.

But other than that .. I love DeNiro's performance in Heat. .

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I love Michael Mann's use of lighter-grey suits worn with open-necked white dress shirts sans tie. It really does look sharp overall, and the white shirts(esp. the collars) looked really, really good. Both DeNiro's and Cruise's characters looked good.

bryce330

Reaction score
Pacino was overacting horrendously throughout the entire movie, imo.
That is pretty much his m.o., at least since Scent of a Woman.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Saw Collateral the other day, and it was pretty decent - for a Tom Cruise flick. I liked the subtle realistic elements in the movie, like people stuttering while they are trying to talk, and people tripping and falling while running through a dark office building (trying to jump over a chair or something) You don't see details like that in many movies. Then again, the ending is fairly predictable... and for such a messed up situation, it seems to all "work out" in the end, when in reality it would probably never do so.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads