1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Moon

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, May 19, 2009.

1. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Twilight's appeal to women is the same as MMA's appeal to men: imposing themselves into a stereotype and believing themselves to match those ideals. This fabricated dreamworld is more pleasing than reality, and this removal from reality is most likely responsible for the large incongruence between the ideals in Twilight and the actuality of its audience.

The "women" Twilight appeals to are nubile, lithe, pure-as-the-driven-snow tweens. Not like those horrid obese cat ladies that read romance novels.

Taylor Lautner got insanely jacked. I'm totes jealz.

Srsly. I thought he was a CGI creation. That's just insane.

2. Helix

Helix Senior member

The "women" Twilight appeals to are nubile, lithe, pure-as-the-driven-snow tweens. Not like those horrid obese cat ladies that read romance novels.

Methinks 'tis both sir.

3. tor

tor Senior member

Srsly. I thought he was a CGI creation. That's just insane.

And I liked how his wardrobe consisted entirely of jorts and abs.

No homo...actually, I'm ok with it being a little gay.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Dude....the guy isn't even eighteen yet.

5. tor

tor Senior member

^ Dude....the guy isn't even eighteen yet.

[​IMG]

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I read about that the other day. I won't say it didn't disappoint me considering Hannah has a crush on Rob in her show. But it's still nice to know her opinion on the franchise. In all honesty, I was more upset with this:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

8. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I find her speaking voice and demeanor surprisingly unpleasant, and am saddened that she is a certified Joplin-scale tard to boot.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I find her speaking voice and demeanor surprisingly unpleasant, and am saddened that she is a certified Joplin-scale tard to boot.
    She is a hick like yourself. What did you expect my dear boy?

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Can't believe that werewolf guy is a heart throb. His head looks like misshapen clay and he has douchebag eyes. They had a life sized sticker of him on the front door of the local burger king. I turned the corner and he was staring right at me [​IMG]

11. milosz

milosz Senior member

Twilight's appeal to women is the same as MMA's appeal to men: imposing themselves into a stereotype and believing themselves to match those ideals. This fabricated dreamworld is more pleasing than reality, and this removal from reality is most likely responsible for the large incongruence between the ideals in Twilight and the actuality of its audience.

That's an awful lot of words to use for "wish fulfillment."

12. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Would smash Stewart with the might of Zeus.

13. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Saw it last night, don't ask why.

What a terrible movie. The story is utter crap. It's so popular because girls like to pretend they're the main character and have two guys drooling over them, regardless of what they do. What is so special about her anyway? I keep on waiting to find out that the girl is the KEY to something bigger, but she's no one. OOoo I can't read your thoughts. Imagine being over 100 years old and extremely wealthy, yet still dealing with fucked up high school girls. And that native american dude... what a loser. The girl won't even kiss him yet he's head over heels in love with her. The main character dood, is sooo deep. What a joke. It's very sad that the movies/books are so popular.

/rant

14. Interzone

Interzone Member

15. Helix

Helix Senior member

[​IMG]

He should kill them both.

16. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

17. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I so miss the wit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.