1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New Merchandise in...Sorry if your New Years

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by FIHTies, Jan 2, 2005.

1. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Comments, Critiques and of course ORDERS welcome. New Spring Arrivals Some Samples: Taffeta for as a nice Option for Solids: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Tapestry Group: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] And assorted Others: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] And finally, some new Saddle Stitched: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. FIHTies

I have also moved alot of merchandise into a "clearance rack" in which much of the merchandise is marked dow to 40-50% off of Suggested Retail Price. FIH Clearance Rack JJF

3. Heron

Heron Well-Known Member

Not to seem like a smarta$$ but thought perhaps an observation (unsolicited as it may be) about that clearance page - you have used full sized jpg's and restricted their display size on the page through html tags that specify their height and width. As a result it took a long time for that page to fully load (I'm on cable BTW). You might want to consider creating "true" thumbnails with a click through to the full sized image.

It's extra work and may be more trouble than it's worth but I notice that you did the same thing on the other pages on your site as well - would hate for you to lose business because people aren't patient enough to wait for the page to load. You won't get a visitor's perspective since those images will be resident in your computer's cache as they will for anyone that's already visited the site and doesn't clear their cache.

The average image file on your site is between 19,000-25,000 bytes and you should be able to reduce the thumbs to less than a third without losing much in the way of quality and you can still leave the full sized image in the background as a click through - in other words, display only when someone clicks on the image they want to see in more detail.

JMHO

4. FIHTies

Not viewed at all like an wisea$$ and I appreciate the input.

I will look into it.

Feel free to comment in the future on anything at all as constructive criticisms are always appreciated.

JJF