• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Mercedes and McLaren supercars

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boxing[1].gif

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
boxing[1].gif

Haha, I'm just saying, OF COURSE we're judging it on our personal aesthetic preferences right now. That is a large part of any car's appeal.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Toss in some Saleen Raptor for good measure.
This was exactly my initial thought after seeing the McLaren, except the Saleen still came off as more interesting.

I may be one of the small few here who actually find the SLS somewhat beautiful (in a break from the average exotic sort of way).

FatMod

Reaction score
I quite like the Merc, the front end bares a resemblance to it's origins and looks pretty mean. The McLaren is boring, and agree it reminds me of the Lotus.

I saw the Stirling Moss SLR ERoadster at Goodwood this year, absolutely mad as hell:
IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

but not as aesthetically pleasing as how they used to make them (although these are racing cars, pretty ones all the same):

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks for posting those pics

hypersonic

Reaction score
It is quite stunning in this video.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the video actually shows how bad it looks. There's an 300 SLR that lives in town --- that thing never fails to turn heads.

The vintage M-B racecars are
worship.gif
. Even the SLR Roadster's not bad compared to the SLS.

--Andre

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just seen the back end of the SLS. Oh My God it looks like someone stuck the rear of an old MX5 on a Merc.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
I've just seen the back end of the SLS. Oh My God it looks like someone stuck the rear of an old MX5 on a Merc.

THe styling is really not good - I don't get all the fuss. I know someone who ordered one, and he said it feels pretty soul-less to drive too.

D.agody

Reaction score
New Orleans also offered the convention center for half the rate since August is the slowest time, but they wanted a two year deal.

Nomad_K

Reaction score
McLaren looks great - the Mercedes - took inspiration from one of the most beautiful and well engineered sports cars of all time and ... made a car I do not find very appealing as of yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics