1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skeptic, Dec 22, 2002.

1. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. After lurking here for a few weeks, I have just joined the board. Living in central Pennsylvania-- not exactly the most stylish of places--can get quite wearisome. I thought some of you may be interested in the useless knowledge that can be found here Theory of Tie Knots Now you can have a different knot for each tie (provided you own exactly 85 ties).

2. Will Moose

Will Moose Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

3. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

I live in Altoona. I like snow, so it is not so bad. I was reading more about the tie knots mentioned above. It turns out that there are 13 "aesthetically pleasing" knots given considerations of symmetry and balance. Apparently, the physicists developed a rigorous mathematical model for predicting all types of tie knots. It seems not all mathematical types dress themselves from the dirty laundry pile. And if you are feeling a bit silly and you like big knots, try a few of the latter knots mentioned in the paper linked to on that web page--a larger than Windsor knot for your wide spread collars. [​IMG]