• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New member, long-time reader. Results?

Madmaxman1986

Reaction score
How you doing ladies and gents?
I didn't see a new member forum to post in my introduction so I thought here was as good as any.(?)
Been using SF for a long time and I think I have developed a decent eye for this stuff. My father and I both have an acute sense for what looks "right". He's a custom painter, flames, pinstripes, murals, flake, metallic and candy paint, etc and we build motorcycles with quite a bit of eye-appeal and I've translated that eye for design into mens fashion.
But anyway...I threw an outfit together I wanted you guys' opinion on. I'm turning 32 next month and trying to dress more mature but I still look younger and I'm in the military. That's a problem because my peers are all younger and all look ridiculous in civilian clothes. Generational differences, mainly, accompanied with bad taste and zero refinement youth possesses.

Here's what Im not 100% sure I can pull off. Beige Barbour Harrington, light grey Lacoste polo, brown leather belt, dark charcoal jean-cut cotton pants and a casual pair of adidas.
I'm afraid the jacket is making me look too old. I like the jacket but beige can be difficult.
Suggestions, opinions and constructive criticism welcome!

IMG_20180519_112206553.jpg

IMG_20180519_114951.jpg

Madmaxman1986

Reaction score
UPDATE
I untucked the polo and went with brown Docs and the jacket unzipped and I think it takes a few years off. Maybe? Well, I'm going out so we'll see!

15267604174621196031962.jpg

Madmaxman1986

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I felt overdressed since I'm in Anchorage. (Funny how psychological fashion is.) I wasn't downtown so the standard dress for most people is Carhartt, work boots and dirty jeans.

toplel

Reaction score
Fashion is really regional. People wear things here that would look really off even in downtown Toronto where I am.

Pants could be hemmed. You seem to have a scruff mustache, if you like the scruff look I'd do it all over not just on your lip.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.