1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

New Member Intro + Balenciaga (Safilo Made) Sunglasses Plastic Lens Question

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by ChillFil, Sep 24, 2016.

1. ChillFil

ChillFil New Member

Introduction:

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. Fashion is an increasingly growing hobby of mine and I am a designer clothes enthusiast. I love the quality, fit, finish, and designs of the high fashion brands. I buy such pieces for my own enjoyment; I do not like the flashiness. I prefer a minimalistic design.

I currently own: Louis V Baseball Sneakers (white), Dior Blue Leather Sneakers, and Balenciaga Elastic High Trainers (mid-tops). The Louis V's were my first designer pair, and I was hooked. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. The Diors' dark blue matte leather finish is amazing (pics of shoes attached below).

As for ready-to-wear, I have really been getting into John Elliott. He's a young designer out of San Francisco. Started in 2012; him and his team produce amazing clothes which fit my personal taste perfectly. They are very well made and very reasonably priced.

The Balenciagas
    So I've always been a quality guy from the start. I believe in forking over more cash for a well made quality product. I had a pair of Ray-Bans and they were really well made, Italian made just as the designers. My Ray-Bans had glass lenses. I bought a pair of Balenciaga BAL0014 (picture attached). These are made by the Safilo Group. They are 100% authentic. I know that for sure. Though the strange thing, the lenses are plastic.. now everything looks fine through a plastic lens but I really expected better from Italian made sunglasses from a reputable designer.

The question: As the lenses are plastic, I have a tiny scuff/scratch on the left lens. Is there anything I can do?? It is very irritating as I can see a blurry blemish while wearing them. I was planning on buying the Saint Laurent SL1 (New Wave 1). I hope those have glass lenses.. anyone own a pair?

I appreatiate any responses, thank you!

Filip

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hi,

I'm going to move your question to menswear advice. You might get better attention for your question there.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. ChillFil

ChillFil New Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. ChillFil

ChillFil New Member