NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF OCT 26, 2015

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Murlsquirl, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

2. 123eman

123eman New Member

Hi!
    I want to know if I can wear these lace up derbies-
    [​IMG]

with these above the ankle trousers-
    [​IMG]

im 187cm, and want to wear them together with a white buttoned up shirt (sockless)

Can I wear those shoes with the trousers?

Thank you

3. Murlsquirl

Welcome to the forum, 123. You can wear them, but I think a chunkier shoe is a better look....like in the picture.

4. TheSkaFish

TheSkaFish New Member

Hello,

Recently, one of my favorite shirts was accidentally put in the dryer. Normally, it is hung up on the basement clothesline to dry. It's definitely not the first time I've washed the shirt, as I've owned it for years. But I was worried about shrinkage because it was 100% cotton.

What I'm wondering is, does the dryer always shrink cotton every time no matter what, or is it only a problem during the first couple of washes and after that, non-excessive drying has little to no effect on the shirt's size? The shirt looks normal, but I guess I was just worried since it's one of my favorites and I'd hate to see it ruined.

5. Murlsquirl

If it was dried on a low heat, the shrinkage should be minimal. To avoid any further shrinkage and to increase longevity, I would keep hang drying.

6. Murlsquirl

Hey Ace, if you are willing to fork out a little dough for a great pair that will last, check out Merola http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/makers/makersinfo/view/id/138/. I live in CA so I can speak for them myself (have tried on), but guys on the forum in colder climates swear by them.