1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF NOV 30, 2015

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Murlsquirl, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

2. mruseless

mruseless New Member

Can anyone get me an ID on the jacket to the far right (barbour-looking jacket with blackwatch tartan).

All I know is that it's Dries Van Noten. I'm assuming it's from an old season.

Many thanks.

[​IMG]

3. Murlsquirl

Welcome to the forum, man. Try asking here http://www.styleforum.net/t/381876/dries-van-noten

4. gsasso

gsasso Active Member

Can someone recommend a minimalist sneaker for under $100 (maybe $125 if it's really worth it)? I'm under no illusions that I'll get top quality spending this much, but I only wear sneakers a couple times a week.

I currently have a pair of Stan Smiths, and was considering the Kent Wang benchgrade sneakers.

Thanks.

5. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

New to raw denim. Want to try 501 STFs to start. Consensus seems to be to buy TTS or size down 1" in waist, and size up 2-3" in length. If it matters, I have big thighs and usually wear 541s.

Should I go with my normal 34" waist or size down to 33"? Should wear them to dry or just let them hang dry?

6. KAPS1M0

KAPS1M0 New Member

Hello styleforum.

I found a "Timberland Boot Company" thread and a thread called "Official Shoe Care", but I decided to post here because I am a newbie. Here goes:

I have a pair of Timberland Earthkeepers and I want to start taking care of them. Timberland's website only mentions the following products in the Care Instructions:
    Boot Sauce™ Cleaner, Balm Proofer™ All-Purpose Protector, Air Raider™ Boot & Shoe Refresher, Boot Sauce™ Conditioner
    I know one's a leather cleaner, the second is a leather conditioner, third one is supposed to protect and help them repel water, and the last one is a "deodorant".
    What I don't know is whether these cleaner, conditioner and protector are any good. Are they worth it?

The Earthkeepers aren't top-class boots so I'm not looking for the best treat for them. I just want them clean, conditioned and withstanding the rain while wearing them casually during the day. So should I go on and buy these Timberland products or should I look elsewhere?

Also, whatever product I buy, how do I apply it? Will I need a brush, a cloth?

Any help would be really appreciated, even directing me towards another thread, forum, resource, whatever.

7. Murlsquirl

Good choice.

8. Murlsquirl

I'm no expert in this area, but I would ask here http://www.styleforum.net/t/55144/i...-jean-thread-for-beginners-ask-questions-here

9. Murlsquirl

Just brush regularly and give them some conditioner every now and then. You shouldn't need to polish very often. The guys in here http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc know way more than I do, but can get carried away sometimes.

10. Jorge Cosano

Jorge Cosano New Member

Anyone knows where I can find them, new or second had? Thanks

11. Murlsquirl

12. Murlsquirl

Could you? Sure. I don't like the style of that thing at all though.

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

You could, but there are a lot of fashionable light jackets. Harringtons, field jackets, shirt jackets, etc. It depends on what else you're wearing.

14. Murlsquirl

I love bomber jackets. Oliver Spencer makes some really nice ones that you can find on Yoox every now and then.

1 person likes this.