• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAY 11, 2015

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi @MickMack , welcome!

Generally, Hogan sneakers are viewed with distaste on this particular forum. I'd suggest you take a look through the following threads to get some more ideas:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/175691/finally-an-official-baller-sneaker-thread-300-minimum/22500_100

http://www.styleforum.net/t/182388/the-definitive-sf-approved-non-baller-sneaker-thread/0_100

If you're looking for a running-style shoe in particular, I would check both Nike and New Balance (the shoe you've linked is a copy of a New Balance model) for a similar option.

RunsWithSheep

Reaction score
Hello,

Years ago, when I was an exchange student in Europe, my zipper fly jeans from America started breaking down and I slowly started buying new jeans. It seemed like it was impossible to find jeans with a zipper fly, so I resorted to button fly, and by the end of the year I had gotten rid of all of my old jeans and only owned button fly jeans.

I've grown to love the button fly (mostly because I can put my hands in my pickets and not have my fly magically unzip itself...), and I refuse to wear zipper fly jeans nowadays. Unfortunately, I can hardly find these types of jeans here in the US, with the exception of Levi 501's, "Premium" American Eagle jeans (which all sit low on the waist, not a fan), and H&M jeans (decent for the price, but don't last very long and lack quality).

Can anyone refer to me to some decent button fly jeans? Ideally around a $60 price point?

My ideal pair of jeans is as follows:

Slim (Not skinny)
Slightly stretchy
Sits high or normal on the waist
Multiple shades and colors to choose from

I've been struggling with this for a long time, and any help recommendations I can get on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Deliberate1

Reaction score
Friends, there is a space in my closet where a handsome suede sport jacket should be hanging. I have spent some time on line and have visited the sites of all the usual suspects, largely without success. Any help would be appreciated.
David

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Friends, there is a space in my closet where a handsome suede sport jacket should be hanging. I have spent some time on line and have visited the sites of all the usual suspects, largely without success. Any help would be appreciated.
David

Welcome to the forum, D. You're talking about a sportcoat (blazer), right? Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello,

Years ago, when I was an exchange student in Europe, my zipper fly jeans from America started breaking down and I slowly started buying new jeans. It seemed like it was impossible to find jeans with a zipper fly, so I resorted to button fly, and by the end of the year I had gotten rid of all of my old jeans and only owned button fly jeans.

I've grown to love the button fly (mostly because I can put my hands in my pickets and not have my fly magically unzip itself...), and I refuse to wear zipper fly jeans nowadays. Unfortunately, I can hardly find these types of jeans here in the US, with the exception of Levi 501's, "Premium" American Eagle jeans (which all sit low on the waist, not a fan), and H&M jeans (decent for the price, but don't last very long and lack quality).

Can anyone refer to me to some decent button fly jeans? Ideally around a $60 price point?

My ideal pair of jeans is as follows:

Slim (Not skinny)
Slightly stretchy
Sits high or normal on the waist
Multiple shades and colors to choose from

I've been struggling with this for a long time, and any help recommendations I can get on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, RWS. That is a pretty tough price point, but if you are willing to spend somewhere around $100, there are some options. If you are up for a crowdsourced option, check out Gustin, one of our Affiliate Vendors https://www.weargustin.com/store

They have a few different fits and I think the straight fit might have the rise you are looking for.

You can also search our SF Marketplace. There is usually plenty of denim floating around in there at some great prices. That's all I got....hopefully someone else will chime in. Best of luck.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MickMack

Reaction score
thank you for your reply. yes i know they look a little bit like new balance. but the sole an the cut is different and the colors too. beside there are too many new balance outside. everybody has them. hogan is more unique. i ordered the shoes yesterday from florence. if i like them i will keep the shoes.

can you guys say something about the quality of hogan?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

tropicalguy123

Reaction score
Please someone tell me what shirt this is. Pause the Youtube video at 1:05

Please!!! get back to me on this I really like this shirt.

ddyok

Reaction score
Dear styleforum sages,

Bonjour from Paris. I'm on the lookout here for a new jacket. I have a simple style, and I usually stay with a black T-shirt, black or dark-grey business trousers and boots (which happen to be Saint Laurent jodhpurs, with low heel, great shoes). Anyway, I am always in a jacket. A simple but stylish black jacket. And now I'm seeking a new one. Now note: I'm tall and quite skinny, so the new cuts work well on me (the overly classic cuts seem to always hang too much, I somehow just look like I'm drowning in them). I've tried on a gorgeous jacket at Saint Laurent, two buttoned, and classic, and also the Saint Laurent Smoking jacket, which needs no introduction… finally, I also tried over at Dior a beautiful jacket, modern, but nothing avant-garde or splashy, just a classic jacket with good, young spirit. So, questions: Should I just automatically assume that YSL/Dior are worth the price? Could one pull off wearing the YSL Smoking jacket as a casual jacket (that is, without a dandy overkill, yours truly isn’t into that)? And, quality wise I would assume there should be no concern(?). I'm looking for some impressions/experiences of past YSL/Dior wearing gentlemen out there, since I am a stranger to the virtues of their jackets.

Thank you,

D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads