NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JAN 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Murlsquirl, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

2. arcsaberzslash

arcsaberzslash Active Member

can anyone identify those boots pls?
    [​IMG]

3. Palagans

Palagans New Member

Can somebody help me and tell me what to use to clean these Y3 Qasa's. I literally tried everything

[​IMG]

4. Murlsquirl

Welcome to the forum @Palagans . I don't know man....oxyclean and a toothbrush?

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

6. Hairybeast

Hairybeast New Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016

7. Murlsquirl

Hey @Hairybeast , check out both of these companies:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread

http://www.styleforum.net/t/417448/linjer-leather-goods-official-affiliate-thread

8. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I haven't heard quite as much about this company recently, but I've gotten a few items and the quality was great. Check them out for a new leather bag.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/

9. SilchasRuin

SilchasRuin Member

I've always considered sneakers to be ultra-casual and while i do have a pair of Converses, I rarely wear them except when i am really dressed down. However, I travel a fair bit and it is a pain in the rear to pack dress shoes or boots - for starters, i'll need atleast a couple and usually, when i walk, i am walking around a lot with my camera (5-6 hours a day). So i reckon a pair of nice, smart leather sneakers would be the way to go. I can wear one and pack a second pair, if need be.

So here are my requirements:
    - classic styling: not too much in the way of frippery, or "fashion statements" on the piece. A small bit of tasteful accenting is fine
    - leather
    - high quality

I see CPs have a good rep here as do Buttero. Anything else? I am ok going up to $300-400 if i must, but if i can get a comfortable, classy, well-made for less, I wont complain.

TIA!

(PS: Out of curiosity, for those of who who prefer to travel light: what do you do when you travel for half a week to a week? Suck it up and take multiple pair of shoes, or just one and maybe pack a shoe tree?)

10. Murlsquirl

One pair in the bag and one on your feet. I have three pairs of Buttero and love them...wearing s pair now. They are great shoes.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Same for me: one pair in the bag, one pair on my feet. Usually something functional and something stylish.

12. SilchasRuin

SilchasRuin Member

Thanks for that, Brian & @MurlSquirl.

I guess i'll have to deal with 2 shoes on a trip. I live in Asia and generally, being out and about all day means regular change of clothes, so i typically tend to pack enough clothes to change regularly and not rely on the hotel clothes-wrecking service aka laundry. But i guess that cannot be avoided. I guess a pair of nice sneakers in the bag and a pair of nice leather shoes/boots while on the plane is a good two-fer combo.

Ordering a pair of AE Long Branches as we speak, actually - ever since i've joined SF, I've gotten a thang for boots. My 4th pair of boots en route (all AEs - i know my size in them and dont trust buying any other brand online). Damn you all. :)

13. DrDyst

DrDyst New Member

Been looking for this coat that Aziz is wearing for a LONG time and no one can seem to identify it. Been a couple of thread on reddit asking about it as well without any identifiers.

Any idea?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Kevin24

Kevin24 Senior member

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tailor good at working with denim/khaki's in the DC area?

Thank you in advance!