1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF DEC 14, 2015

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Murlsquirl, Dec 13, 2015.

1. crooks94

crooks94 Member

Hey guys, new to the site so hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. I would just like to ask if anyone would know where I could buy this tie, I saw it in an interview David Tennant did on the late show recently and fell in love but can't seem to find it anywhere, any help with this would be great :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Suntory

Suntory Well-Known Member

If you are supreme you can wear what you want.
    Suit Supply vs Moss Bros, which one is generally more reliable in terms of quality/price for online purchases?

3. colco

colco Well-Known Member

I'd neve heard of Moss Brothers until I saw you bring it up in a few different places on this board. They appear to be a completely shit company geared towards people who wish to by fashion foward "skinny suits".
    I own one piece from Suit Supply. Quality is good.

1 person likes this.
  4. Suntory

Awesome, I'll go for Suit Supply.

5. Academic2

Academic2 Well-Known Member

Some is, some isn't. Their cloth is quite variable in quality and durability from everything I've read.

Do some reading here first if you can:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/250682/suitsupply-nyc/11055#post_8236883

Cheers,

Ac

6. colco

colco Well-Known Member

7. Academic2

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  8. colco

colco Well-Known Member

Understood. I just wasn't sure having re-read it whether it seemed that I was suggesting an across the board claim of quality as I didn't intend to.

1 person likes this.
  9. Suntory

No need to please him, your message was pretty reasonable.

10. RyanR7

RyanR7 Member

Questions for suits:

Athletic build: Slim suit? or Regular/Classic fit?

If I'm 5 foot 5 and 140 lbs with a good physique (not too big), can I still wear slim fit suits? or would they look weird on me?

For short men, what's better a one button suit/blazer? or two button?

If I'm ordering a slim suit, do I always have to get a slim notch lapel with it? Or can is it normal to get a regular sized notched lapel with a slim suit?

If there's anything else I need to know about suits or especially slim suits fitting short 5 foot 5 skinny yet athletic build type, please let me know!

I'm new to the thread btw so hey everyone!

11. Academic2

12. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, @RyanR7 . You can go for a slimmer fitting suit or with something with a more classic cut, it just depends what you want. Two button is what I prefer and skinny lapels don't look good on any type of suit if you ask me. You don't need a wide 4" lapel or anything like that, but I wouldn't go below 2.75". Best of luck.

13. Suntory

No, I made my decision up based on surfing other forums and threads before you replied. Should I have posted my line of thought before I said "Awesome, I'll go for SS"?

This is not an email correspondence so there is no need to always end like this:

Quote: