• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new member- couple of questions- italian shoes, interno 8 and jeans

masterpp

Reaction score
hey guys, new to site and with a few questions.

1. what makes of shoes can you recommend. i usually go for the dolce gabbana smart shoe look (even during the day) but i want to invest in some nice italian shoes. i have quite small feet so i need the pointy shoes (hency why i usually wear Dolce). i was thinking of investing in either Santoni's or Berluti's. which of these brands is better for a young guy, and of the berluti's which are there pointiest fit (is it the piercings)- im only 19 so i like pointy shoes

2. what do people think of interno 8 shirts. im really thinking of getting one with the super high collar to wear in the summer. id only get it in white, as i think that the unusual details are enough, and one doesnt need to go over board with wacky colours or silver buttons or anything.

3. can someone recommend a good brand of jeans. i usually wear apc new standards, as they are narrow on the leg but comfy and loose ish on thigh and around the waist. however im looking for some other brands. what do for instance the dior homme jeans fit like.
im about 5.10 and 140 pounds, so im skinny but i hate the lanky nerd look.

any advice appreciated.

cheers

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Refer to the comprehensive list of RTW shoes - http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=49981.

2. Not familiar with the brand.

3. Look around in the Streetwear and Denim forum. It's dedicated to jeans - you will find a lot of information there without even asking for advice.

Welcome to the board.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterpp
2. what do people think of interno 8 shirts. im really thinking of getting one with the super high collar to wear in the summer. id only get it in white, as i think that the unusual details are enough, and one doesnt need to go over board with wacky colours or silver buttons or anything.
I don't own any, but I think the look is great. Yes, they are quite a trendy item, but they're also pretty cool-looking in their own right, and in white it'd be mostly pretty timeless. Even if not, you'll probably wear the shirt out before the trend subsides.

Are you from the UK? What's an Interno 8 shirt cost these days?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interno 8 shirts are nice looking and if you like the high collars and get basic colors, I wouldn't worry about them going out of style.

I would worry about the shoes, though. If you like the really pointy shoes (witches shoes as some call them here), I would shy away from spending Berluti/Santoni FAM money on that style of shoe as you do not know how you'll feel about it when you get older. Unless you are flush with cash and $1,000 means nothing to you. Dolce and Gucci make those really pointy shoes and they can be had on ebay for relatively low amounts so I would stick in that realm.

If by pointy, though, you mean the more conservative elongated toe that is very popular here (C&J Weymouth, RLPL Mackay, EG 888 last, the conservative Berluti's and Santoni's), then I would whole heartedly agree with getting high quality in that regard as these are timeless shoes and the price is well worth it.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. See Vass U Last.

2. The high collar is not objectionable if you have a long neck and it sounds like you do. Some of the other Interno 8 gimmicks are not as appreciated.

3. I second the streetwear and denim rec. Do you want jeans that fit similarly to your New Standards?

masterpp

Reaction score
yeah i live in london so the shirts are about 150 ish up to 300 depending on how fancy you want them.

the naffer, colourful ones often also go on sale/

interno shirts are associated with naff playboys, but i think in classic white it could be classic and kooky for summer.

Originally Posted by Nick M
I don't own any, but I think the look is great. Yes, they are quite a trendy item, but they're also pretty cool-looking in their own right, and in white it'd be mostly pretty timeless. Even if not, you'll probably wear the shirt out before the trend subsides.

Are you from the UK? What's an Interno 8 shirt cost these days?

masterpp

Reaction score
by the way with regards to pointy, i like a rounded point. i think people take the points too far. i think YSL have got it just about right. im quite a traditional dresser, but i like my clothes to have an edge. i just think berluti are such beautiful shoes though.

perhaps im more interested in them as an object rather than as something to wear

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a few interno8's that I picked up a few years ago. I really like the shirts, their thick MOP buttons and high double button collars. The collars have remained stiff after many launderings and the shirts seem to hold up rather well. Unfortunately the dry cleaners killed my buttons, so I need to find some replacements. I purchased mine on sale, not sure if they still hold the sale, but they were pretty darn cheap.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterpp
interno shirts are associated with naff playboys,
I think of that show, Footballers' Wives - rubbish TV, great clothes.

masterpp

Reaction score
sorry to go back to the shoe question, for a young guy who is conservative but edgy, do you think berluti would be too conservative, round toed for me. i must confess to enjoying a good sharp ROUNDED or chiseled point on a shoe. for instance i find churches, and even john lobb too rounded-i like the style, but not the shape

should i be looking more at santoni. i enjoy dolce shoes but i think its a shame to stick to one brand- i also just think berluti;s are so beautiful

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
berluti and conservative are rarely used in the same sentence.
smile.gif
really, its all up to you. don't be so constrained with brand choices. if it fits you and you like it, just buy it. the guides here point out the brands that make good quality stuff, let that be your guide. don't sweat it if the brand is not to your liking.

masterpp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
berluti and conservative are rarely used in the same sentence.
smile.gif

really, its all up to you. don't be so constrained with brand choices. if it fits you and you like it, just buy it. the guides here point out the brands that make good quality stuff, let that be your guide. don't sweat it if the brand is not to your liking.

absolutely- i dont want to be constrained. because my feet aren't particularly big, i usually go for a pointy dolce as it gives my foot a nicer shape.

but i want to start getting into proper shoes, berluti, santoni ect

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berluti piercing sounds about right for you.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely wouldn't call Berluti conservative..

You could try Lattanzi.
wink.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i am a fan of santonis. their chisel cuts do make your feet look longer. also, try crockett & jones. the models in the 337 last, as also mentioned by the seniors in this thread, are quite good and conservative. i have always found the shoe guide in this forum very very informative and honest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads