1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NEW: Martin Greenfield Clothiers

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by shoreman1782, Feb 4, 2011.

1. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

FSC don't do MTM? wtf?

they definitely do MTM.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'll take your word for it, wS.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

FSC don't do MTM? wtf?

they definitely do MTM.

+1 They do and they prefer it.

4. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

Greenfield handles large orders for Flusser. Basically the in house shop at Flusser makes clothing for new customers for their pattern to be established or small orders. MG would make clothes for those who were clients for years that didn't even need fittings and went right to the slip on phase.

5. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

7. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Enjoyed this -- thanks.

8. Simon Radash

Simon Radash Active Member

Wow!! I am impressed. All what I can say is that, that is a job well done, both by the tailor and reporter.[​IMG]

9. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

Loved this article. Funny thing is i was at the barneys warehouse sale today and i saw some rag & bone blazers on Martin Greenfield hangers

10. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Senior member

+1 They do and they prefer it.

so besides FSC who else?

Brooks Brothers GF MTM
    JPress MTM

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Loved this article. Funny thing is i was at the barneys warehouse sale today and i saw some rag & bone blazers on Martin Greenfield hangers

They also produce blazers and trousers for Rag & Bone. Quality stuff.

12. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

Failing to change vendor hangers is a huge offense and I have both seen people/ heard of people being fired for not following that, especially if the item(s) is "dragged across the floor" as we say.

13. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I'm considering purchasing one of his suits from Gilt for $899 is that worth it? Also, are they slim fitting or boxier?

14. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Are Greenfields suits slim fitting or boxy? Would you compare it to Zegna or to a Hickey?

15. forex

forex Senior member

I have not seen M.G's other works except the suits they make for BBGF so can anyone compare Golden Fleece suits to suits M.G. makes for other brands?

16. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

I have not seen M.G's other works except the suits they make for BBGF so can anyone compare Golden Fleece suits to suits M.G. makes for other brands?

BBGF is the mass production quality package from MG. Machine made padding and canvass, many of the seams are done by machine. The garments they make for Flusser- handmade canvas, and padding on the lapels, also stitched by hand. The CMT package for tailors is 100% handmade. The pants are semi-handmade automatically, unless otherwise requested (it's always requested). Brooks CMT package is unique to them.

17. forex

forex Senior member

BBGF is the mass production quality package from MG. Machine made padding and canvass, many of the seams are done by machine. The garments they make for Flusser- handmade canvas, and padding on the lapels, also stitched by hand. The CMT package for tailors is 100% handmade. The pants are semi-handmade automatically, unless otherwise requested (it's always requested). Brooks CMT package is unique to them.

Thanks,I thought so.
    I have 5-6 of BBGF suits that are kind of unique in that they are not your traditional center vent,low gorge,boxy fit. They are 3 to 2.5 roll,double vent and have tons of hand work,I think that the things you mentioned are all hand made on those suits. I did compare the suits I have with the other BBGF suits and noticed quite the difference,hence the question about BBGF suits.

18. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

Not all BBGF is made by MG, infact most are made elsewhere, whether they're Southwick, or another shop, whose name I am blocking, but PS used to use it for MTM until recently. MG makes mostly for Flagship stores, because of the trunk shows.

19. forex

forex Senior member

Not all BBGF is made by MG, infact most are made elsewhere, whether they're Southwick, or another shop, whose name I am blocking, but PS used to use it for MTM until recently. MG makes mostly for Flagship stores, because of the trunk shows.
    I am aware of that, I thought they were made by MG. They have the UNION made tag inside the pocket,does that tell you anything?