Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Louis Vuitton Ad Featuring PHARRELL!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CaliStyle, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Just look at TV, magazines, etc. Pharrell started the whole trucker hat craze of a few years ago. And all races were wearing those hats. The Neptunes changed the sound of Hip Hop. You think Lupe Fiasco or his single, Kick, Push, (an ode to skateboarding) would be hot if it wasn't for Pharrell? Pharrell has too many hits to name and you sound crazy trying to doubt the man's popularity amongst Blacks.

To be really, really honest, it's widely accepted that Ahston Kutcher started that horrendous trend. Why? Because he was a farmer from one of the square states (Idaho or something) and had been wearing them all their life... Pharell would have definately gotten it from him, or in fact, all the punkers who had been wearing trucker hats since the Misfits starting touring a long, long time ago.

2. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

A) How the hell was I supposed to know that you're black based on your name? Do you have any clue what kind of names people have this website that let you absolutely nothing about them? Only when you actually say that you're black did I know. Does it change what I've said or will say? No, because I don't particularly care what color your skin is.

B) Stop making as if we're just a bunch of ignorant hicks who assume a certain set of stock stereotypes about black people. It's insulting and just ends making you look like an idiot. I think Mr. Rodgers was implying all celebrities... and you'll also notice that I made of Ashton Kutcher. He's pretty white.

To be really honest, I'm getting extremely sick of people of any making petty assumptions about whoever. Curb Your Enthusiasm deals with it in a funny way... there's this black woman who happens to see Larry in many compromising situations where it looks as if he's being racist but he actually wasn't, and no matter what, because of political correctness, we all have to be appauled.

Kamala is a Hindu name but most Americans know the name from Kamala the Ugandan warrior of pro wrestling fame. That's where I got the name from. Kamala was a Black wrestler so I thought it was obvious that I'm Black.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Kamala is a Hindu name but most Americans know the name from Kamala the Ugandan warrior of pro wrestling fame. That's where I got the name from. Kamala was a Black wrestler so I thought it was obvious that I'm Black.

Tokyo Slim is the name of a urban trash seperation and recycling program in Japan, so does that mean that I'm Japanese trash?

4. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Exactly. Just like it's obvious that people put me in their shoes to make their feet smell better. [​IMG]

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Tokyo Slim is the name of a urban trash seperation and recycling program in Japan, so does that mean that I'm Japanese trash?

Yes. [​IMG]

Jon.

6. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Just look at TV, magazines, etc. Pharrell started the whole trucker hat craze of a few years ago. And all races were wearing those hats. The Neptunes changed the sound of Hip Hop. You think Lupe Fiasco or his single, Kick, Push, (an ode to skateboarding) would be hot if it wasn't for Pharrell? Pharrell has too many hits to name and you sound crazy trying to doubt the man's popularity amongst Blacks.

Laughable, kick and push popular in the Black community. Pharrell change the sound of hip hop? That shows you know as little about rap as you know about Blacks.
    I'm done with all the racial back and forth. My only point is Pharrell isn't uniformly beloved by all Blacks,I personally don't associate his image with anything black, so critisizing him doesn't make anyone racist.

7. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Yeah because everyone over 20 watches roid stuffed freaks who look like permanent erections wearing what appear to be body condoms trash talk each other and engage in laughably staged "wrestling" matches...

8. korinkahn

korinkahn Member

You lost the coffin match!

9. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Just for the record, I think the majority of the active posters would actually be more familiar with the Hindu name considering the size of the South Asian readership and those who have either worked/traveled through India or have familiarized themselves with the emmigrant culture. That being said, I haven't waatched wrestling since 5th or 6th grade.

EDIT:
    How about a new poll?
    I watched a:
    A) Really, really bad Bollywood film
    B) Pro-wrestling
    C) Neither

Choose one of the above.
    Me: A

10. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Laughable, kick and push popular in the Black community. Pharrell change the sound of hip hop? That shows you know as little about rap as you know about Blacks. I'm done with all the racial back and forth. My only point is Pharrell isn't uniformly beloved by all Blacks,I personally don't associate his image with anything black, so critisizing him doesn't make anyone racist.
    Thank you! Well put. Pharell is a douche that happens to be black. Just like Britney's husband whatshisname is a douch that happens to be white. You are a freaking troll, Kamala. I could give a flying fuck if you are black or white or anything else. Am I a racist because I hate country music? I don't like most of it. Same with most of modern rap (and good amount of hiphop). But guess what; I love Goldie's d&b stuff. Guess what? He is black! Oh no! OMG! I AM A RACIST - NOT! Oh oh wait - I hate Broadway musicals - does that mean I hate gay people? And I hate Yanni's easy listening crap. I am anti-Greek that means! Freaking damn foreigners! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] As for norcal's poll, C for me.

11. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Pharrell 'conservative'? i dont think so.

both kanye and pharrell are very fashionable

J.Crew is definitely a staple in his wardrobe. I meant "more conservatively dressed than Kanye," which I guess doesn't mean that much, but I just wanted to make that point.

12. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

How about a new poll?
    I watched a:
    A) Really, really bad Bollywood film
    B) Pro-wrestling
    C) Neither

Choose one of the above.

A for me, as well. [​IMG]
    It happens more than I'd like to admit.

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

A for me, as well. [​IMG]
    It happens more than I'd like to admit.

[​IMG]

We won't tell. Anyway, how could it possibly be worse than watching wrestling? [​IMG]

14. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

B for me. [​IMG]

15. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I like how he's dressed outside of that LV ad. In it, there's nothing I really like.

And I'm not racist because I'm black!!!