New Louis Vuitton Ad Featuring PHARRELL!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CaliStyle, Jun 25, 2006.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

If this producer can become a model, I don't know why they don't hire Phil Spector. Perhaps Marc Jacobs will, with his signature photogrpher, Jurgen Teller doing the shoots. It'll be chic.

2. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Please tell me that you're either legally retarded or you're just fucking with us.

No, are you legally retarded? Oh, I forgot you must be afflicted with racial amnesia like most white folks. You just don't get it.

Also, why is it that of the Black celebrities that have been mentioned there seems to be an assumption that they have teams of stylists? You know Black people can do more than play sports and be entertainers. I don't believe that this assumption is placed upon others.

3. raley

raley Senior member

Please tell me that you're either legally retarded or you're just fucking with us.

Look at some of the quotes on this thread.

you can usually see them wearing a white t-shirt to their knees, jeans hanging off their ass, and colorful sneakers sans laces ala alcatraz.

If that isn't racially-charged I don't know what is.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Andre 3k puts Pharrell to shame.

5. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

I'm think Pharell usually looks bad and this time is no different. Pointing this out doesn't make anyone racist , simply means one thinks his clothing is ugly. There is a members who seem to gravitate towards critisizing anything thats Black but it definatly not common on the board, if it was I wouldn't be a member.
    I'm Black and know for a fact most Black men don't think Pharrell as particuliarly well dressed, nor is his style of hip hop/rap especially popular amongst Blacks, but maybe we are Uncle Toms.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Jpeirpoint, the fact that you point out your blackness is racist. RACIST! I don't know what color I am, cause I'm friggin COLORBLIND. Anyone who can't see that is RACIST. RACISM! [​IMG]

7. stach

stach Senior member

If Pharrell was white and dressed the same way, we would be making fun of him for being Chav. We are equal opportunity dissers. [​IMG]

8. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

I'm Black and know for a fact most Black men don't think Pharrell as particuliarly well dressed, nor is his style of hip hop/rap especially popular amongst Blacks, but maybe we are Uncle Toms.

I don't know if you're an Uncle Tom, but you have stated some very inaccurate information.

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Jpeirpoint, the fact that you point out your blackness is racist. RACIST!
    I don't know what color I am, cause I'm friggin COLORBLIND. Anyone who can't see that is RACIST.

RACISM!

[​IMG]

Man, that was really racismically racist. For real.

10. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

I don't know if you're an Uncle Tom, but you have stated some very inaccurate information.

Where exactly do you hear people driving by blaring "skateboard music" as Pharrell calls it? If if you think Pharrell is popular among Blacks, I seriously doubt you've grown up in a Black neighborhood.

11. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

No, are you legally retarded? Oh, I forgot you must be afflicted with racial amnesia like most white folks. You just don't get it.

Also, why is it that of the Black celebrities that have been mentioned there seems to be an assumption that they have teams of stylists? You know Black people can do more than play sports and be entertainers. I don't believe that this assumption is placed upon others.

A) How the hell was I supposed to know that you're black based on your name? Do you have any clue what kind of names people have this website that let you absolutely nothing about them? Only when you actually say that you're black did I know. Does it change what I've said or will say? No, because I don't particularly care what color your skin is.

B) Stop making as if we're just a bunch of ignorant hicks who assume a certain set of stock stereotypes about black people. It's insulting and just ends making you look like an idiot. I think Mr. Rodgers was implying all celebrities... and you'll also notice that I made of Ashton Kutcher. He's pretty white.

To be really honest, I'm getting extremely sick of people of any making petty assumptions about whoever. Curb Your Enthusiasm deals with it in a funny way... there's this black woman who happens to see Larry in many compromising situations where it looks as if he's being racist but he actually wasn't, and no matter what, because of political correctness, we all have to be appauled.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Man, that was really racismically racist. For real.
    Perhaps its because of all the taunting I recieved as a young and impressionable tadpole. I can still occasionally hear the children on the playground in my nightmares, chanting "Go home albino" and "You look like you have an abnormal lack of sub epidermal pigment, you pale ass mofo." To this very day, the sounds of people pumping up the tongues of their shoes and the delicate strains of Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme in the air cause me great amounts of tension. For it reminds me of many a childhood ass-whupping I recieved at the hands of my cruel, adolescent, pigmented peers. Luckily around the time puberty hit I started to develop normal skin and hair color, and the savagery stopped. Only, then I was singled out and beaten because of the enourmous size of my genitalia. I guess I just can't win...

13. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I think the time has come:

[​IMG]

14. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Where exactly do you hear people driving by blaring "skateboard music" as Pharrell calls it? If if you think Pharrell is popular among Blacks, I seriously doubt you've grown up in a Black neighborhood.

Just look at TV, magazines, etc. Pharrell started the whole trucker hat craze of a few years ago. And all races were wearing those hats. The Neptunes changed the sound of Hip Hop. You think Lupe Fiasco or his single, Kick, Push, (an ode to skateboarding) would be hot if it wasn't for Pharrell? Pharrell has too many hits to name and you sound crazy trying to doubt the man's popularity amongst Blacks.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I think the time has come:

[​IMG]

Indeed it has.

Jon.