New Louis Vuitton Ad Featuring PHARRELL!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CaliStyle, Jun 25, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

EXACTLY Why are we even giving this person so much attention anyway?
    Frankly cus he is black, and we hate black people on the forum, don’t we? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Jon. (in case you didn’t get that, that was sarcasm)

2. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Frankly cus he is black, and we hate black people on the forum, don’t we?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jon.

(in case you didn’t get that, that was sarcasm)

well duh... why do you think GQGeek was asking about 600 thread count white sheets? We do our bigotry in style and comfort!

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

well duh... why do you think GQGeek was asking about 600 thread count white sheets? We do our bigotry in style and comfort!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

while on the topic of distinguished brands commit hari kari - have you seen what Zenith was showing at Basel this year? Eww....
    Is it me or are watches getting uglier? (I haven’t seen Zenith latest creations, do you have a URL?) Although, this would be cool to own (anyone got $370,000 they can lend me?): [​IMG] Jon.

5. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Classic! [​IMG]

6. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Is it me or are watches getting uglier? (I haven’t seen Zenith latest creations, do you have a URL?)

Although, this would be cool to own (anyone got $370,000 they can lend me?):

[​IMG]

Jon.

I'll try to find it... most of their stuff is now hideously large and grotesque.

At first I was very impressed with that Breguet, then I decided I wouldn't buy it if I were a billionaire... two is something Jacob would do if he could.

7. raley

raley Senior member

I think he looks good. Ok, granted, some of his looks are over the top. But it is better than XXL jerseys and New Era caps, am I right?

Look, his style is different from most people on this forum. But then again, most people on this forum don't exactly have the same job as this man does. There is going to be a bit of a different dress requirement for banking/law than there will be for producer/rapper/musician/rock star. He is supposed to be making people have these conversations. That means he is doing a good job.

Not everyone is going to say, oh that is a great look, I'm going to go buy that and wear it just like Pharrell. But he is interested in fashion, and has an interesting take on it, mixing streetwear and more formal wear. I think it is good for the industry, even if you don't think that you would wear it because it wouldn't work in your job.

8. MrRogers

MrRogers Senior member

You guys are ignoring the fact that pharell, much like every other one of these guys, has a team of people with him 24/7 telling him what to do, what to wear, etc.

I doubt the morning of the LV shoot he rolled on to the set and picked his outfit off the racks. These guys have teams of stylists telling them what to wear, and on the rare occasion they do not, you can usually see them wearing a white t-shirt to their knees, jeans hanging off their ass, and colorful sneakers sans laces ala alcatraz.

So when this guy shows up and puts on immaculately tailor clothing for a photo shoot, you guys all speak of his great sense of "style" that he has essentially nothing to do with. I used to think P Diddy had at least some personal style until he did an interview with Details a few months back and provided no insight into his own sense of style, why he wears what he wears, etc. All he did was self-promote and talk about his "swagga" or some ridicoulous nonsense.

What a moron

MrR

9. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

So when this guy shows up and puts on immaculately tailor clothing for a photo shoot, you guys all speak of his great sense of "style" that he has essentially nothing to do with. I used to think P Diddy had at least some personal style until he did an interview with Details a few months back and provided no insight into his own sense of style, why he wears what he wears, etc. All he did was self-promote and talk about his "swagga" or some ridicoulous nonsense.

What a moron

MrR

good point

10. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

You guys are ignoring the fact that pharell, much like every other one of these guys, has a team of people with him 24/7 telling him what to do, what to wear, etc.

I doubt the morning of the LV shoot he rolled on to the set and picked his outfit off the racks. These guys have teams of stylists telling them what to wear, and on the rare occasion they do not, you can usually see them wearing a white t-shirt to their knees, jeans hanging off their ass, and colorful sneakers sans laces ala alcatraz.

What a moron

MrR

Mr. Rogers,

Whereas I think you could easily be right with many celebrities who, like most people, are totally clueless about style, Pharell might be one of the few who does dress himself. He has a great deal of penache in his music (as far as hip hop goes), and for that reason, I could see someone like him, a person of a creative mind, putting together those things himself.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

wow, i didnt know you had access to the private lives of so many of these celebrities to know for a fact they can't dress themselves with all these generic speculations about the lives of folks no one here probably knows, this thread has definitely turned uber lame. and some reason, the majority can't get it into their heads that an ad like that isnt supposed to be a barometer of style, but an advert to draw attention to its product. mo more no less.

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

wow, i didnt know you had access to the private lives of so many of these celebrities to know for a fact they can't dress themselves

with all these generic speculations about the lives of folks no one here probably knows, this thread has definitely turned uber lame.

and some reason, the majority can't get it into their heads that an ad like that isnt supposed to be a barometer of style, but an advert to draw attention to its product. mo more no less.

The latter point is a given. However, I did not really look at the LV ads. What I looked at were the photos that showed suppossedly HIS much vaunted style as a shining beacon to be emulated.

13. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Kamala, get over yourself. You'd love for there to be racism when there really isn't so that you can reveal to everyone that you're black and make us all feel ashamed of ourselves. For every famous black male I can point out for looking like a cartoon character, I can name at least 5 white males so this has nothing to do with race. Again, I concede that Pharell knows how to put together outfits and is definately considered stylish in the under 30 crowd, but this ad alone is a logo orgasm. I'll give it 6 months until Louis Vuitton comes out with an ultra high end version of the Von Dutch hat. $500 for some type of assinine, blue collar inspired affection for some imbicile like Ashton Kutcher to wear.

I thought it was obvious I'm Black from my screen name and some of the comments I've made in this thread. But for anyone who didn't know I AM BLACK AND PROUND OF IT!!! Furthermore, I don't think the racists on this board care that I'm Black. I'm sure they'll continue in their ignorant and hateful ways.

14. raley

raley Senior member

What a moron

MrR

I think you are being a little tough on these guys. I think its a bit unrealistic to think that these guys have absolutely no input on what they where. There has to be a base from which their stylists start, and my guess is that it is these guy's personal style. You can be as cynical as you want, but if you want to take it to the extreme, then we should just ignore any celebrity/musician/athletes style choices because SURELY they have someone laying out their clothes on the bed in the morning when they wake up, after all they are celebrities, right??

Then again, if you are only referring to the "rap industry" as having members who can't dress themselves, since all "those people" wear are sneakers a la alcatraz (what are the connotations here?) and big white tees, then I think you are opening a whole new can of worms.

15. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

I thought it was obvious I'm Black from my screen name and some of the comments I've made in this thread. I don't think the racists on this board care that I'm Black. I'm sure they'll continue in their ignorant and hateful ways.

Please tell me that you're either legally retarded or you're just fucking with us.