• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New louis boston website.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BAM. that building lands just like the house in wizard of oz. i wonder who is squashed underneath?

are they going to have online shopping, does anyone know?

Duveen

Reaction score
The site is kinda-sorta high-concept, but overall looks and feels a bit cheap.

The old site, while not elegant, felt meaty. This seems like a work in progress. And just listing the brands without pics seems silly...

I ain't a web designer, but sheesh.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the work in progress but the music is horrible when the beat kicks in
sad.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The site is kinda-sorta high-concept, but overall looks and feels a bit cheap.

The old site, while not elegant, felt meaty. This seems like a work in progress. And just listing the brands without pics seems silly...

I ain't a web designer, but sheesh.
Based on LB purchasing principles and looking at the way they do business, I can understand why they do not have a lot of detail or pictures regarding the different brands they carry.

LB is a store that constantly changes the brands they carry, always trying to be the first in quality whilst utilizing seemingly unknown (in the US) companies that will hopefully carry a certain cachet not found at Saks or NM. They have very few staple companies that they have consistently carried. Off the top of my head I can only recall Oxxford, Brioni, and Loro Piana being carried for sometime now. Even Lobb was dropped a while back, thus it is not always about quality, but also exclusivity.

Next to all this is the fact the LB likes to order modified wears from companies. Items NM might carry are apparently not good enough for LB, the manufacture most modify the product to add exclusivity when LB retails the item(s).

Thus, descriptions and pictures of items that are made for LB and that change every season are too consuming, in both time and money required. I think a list of items is all the LB might consider for the website, descriptions of the staple items not withstanding.

Jon.

(sorry for the perhaps too long post, school is starting in the fall and I need to practice my typing elocution)

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

banksmiranda

Reaction score
George Greene on Oak Street in Chicago still carries Lattanzi, but it'll be interesting to see how long even they carry Lattanzi.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, they closed out Lattanzi - they have a few models left but won't be ordering more from what I've heard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads