New Line of Levi's?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Feb 15, 2010.

1. whitekimchee

whitekimchee Well-Known Member

nope. I wear nothing but capital E's.

Anybody have anymore info on these? I'm just really curious about them. I already copped a pair of the barney's website and hope they feel and fit well.

2. pfarthing

pfarthing Member

Not sure what you want to know. I tried on nearly every straight leg jean in the same wash at Barneys and these were my favorite. Really soft material. Not too edgy in look. Straightforward fit; regular rise.

Didn't try the skinnies.

3. whitekimchee

yeah I got tired of trying to get feedback off of people here so I went to barney's on my lunch break.

The denim is bit of an improvement from the Cap Es and the stitching seems to be smoother. Great looking jeans. However, i have one problem, and maybe it's cuz these jeans are fairly new. But they only have two types of fit. The slims are way too tight and I'm guessing are meant to replace the Levi's Cap E skinners. The straights fit great around the waist and thighs but have a horrendously large leg opening. I'm guessing these are meant to replace the Cap E Heshers. My only hope is that they come out with a fit that resembles the Matchsticks which are the ideal fit for me.

4. pfarthing

pfarthing Member

Barneys have one exactly like what you want. Sorry cannot remember the brand for sure right now. Wasn't RRL. May have been Naked and Famous. Or perhaps Nudie.

5. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Not too crazy about the plain back pockets.

funny, cuz this is exactly the reason why i am interested in these...because they have plain back pockets.

gq ran a pretty good post ("Undateable") the other week picking up on some pretty common fashion abominations that men make and yep, you guessed it.... unless you're going for the "17 year old girl" look, I'd avoid pocket flare at any costs unless you want to look like a tool

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humo...-coyle#slide=1

6. ma1

ma1 Senior member

funny, cuz this is exactly the reason why i am interested in these...because they have plain back pockets. gq ran a pretty good post ("Undateable") the other week picking up on some pretty common fashion abominations that men make and yep, you guessed it.... unless you're going for the "17 year old girl" look, I'd avoid pocket flare at any costs unless you want to look like a tool http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humo...-coyle#slide=1
    uh there is a pretty big difference between the ugly stitching on something like true religions and the levis accurate

7. whitekimchee

WORD. The levi's logo is one of the most renown and iconic logos out there. It'll never go out of style and that's one of the main reasons I only really wear Levi's jeans. With that said I was a little disappointed that the logo isn't present on the made & crafted lines. However, the logo is stitched on the inner part of the pants so there actually is a faint imprint if you look closely.

Does anybody know if and when they're gonna come out with some more fits?

8. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

I had a look at this line in American Rag last week, it's ok, not great.

It's a shame because Levi's over the past year have head hunted top talent from RRL and Nike and other brands in design and marketing to really move the company forward. I was expecting something better in design and fabrication, there's more to come so fingers crossed!

9. Listi

Listi Senior member

funny, cuz this is exactly the reason why i am interested in these...because they have plain back pockets.

gq ran a pretty good post ("Undateable") the other week picking up on some pretty common fashion abominations that men make and yep, you guessed it.... unless you're going for the "17 year old girl" look, I'd avoid pocket flare at any costs unless you want to look like a tool

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humo...-coyle#slide=1

Hey, welcome to Styleforum.

Don't worry, this forum is completely against over the top distressed/logoed up denim. I personally like the Levi's arcs, but Rock and Republic, True Religion, etc. is just retarded.

However, if you're looking for blank pockets there are lots of good brands with blank pockets. Naked & Famous, 3 Sixteen, Samurai, Pure Blue Japan, Warehouse... So if that's what's attracting you, there are lots of exotic denim brands with absolutely top of the line denim (especially Samurai, damn)

10. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I had a look at this line in American Rag last week, it's ok, not great.

It's a shame because Levi's over the past year have head hunted top talent from RRL and Nike and other brands in design and marketing to really move the company forward. I was expecting something better in design and fabrication, there's more to come so fingers crossed!

i think anything they try and do to compete in that 7/citizens/etc market will be negatively impacted by the shitty-cuts-and-washes-you-get-at-kohls association

plus the fact that they keep trotting out new 'premium' lines and then abandoning them also hurts them in that market; remember when levis eco was like $200 (or did i make that up?)?
    like paul said, too many lines - they're running out of tab colors

the 'premium' (lol) market is about pocket designs that say ay i dropped $150+ on these jeans
    levis don't say that and prob won't ever b/c of the kohl's thing

11. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

btw i don't think this really matters for lvc; that market is what it is and probably won't change much

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

also find it ironic they basically killed their own branding on their jean here....what's the fucking point of this actually? if i buy levi's I'm gonna proudly display it's fucking levis.

Visit Am Rag and check them out. This is a case where people going off internet photos can make fairly erroneous judgments.

There are arcuates on BOTH the raw and distressed models, but they're sewn on the jeans themselves underneath the pockets. One would believe that Levi's had in mind that distressing the pockets would bring them out, either naturally or artificially.

It's definitely an interesting concept. As Mr.Rogue Territory pointed out to me, though, that means that for dudes that carry their wallets in their rear pockets they'd only get the arcuate to come through on the opposite pocket as their wallet would prevent contact/fading.

Some of the details were good, better (for us) than other mass-market brands, but clearly not geared toward denimheads who know what $150+ could get them.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

^been done

14. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

i think anything they try and do to compete in that 7/citizens/etc market will be negatively impacted by the shitty-cuts-and-washes-you-get-at-kohls association

plus the fact that they keep trotting out new 'premium' lines and then abandoning them also hurts them in that market; remember when levis eco was like $200 (or did i make that up?)?
    like paul said, too many lines - they're running out of tab colors

the 'premium' (lol) market is about pocket designs that say ay i dropped $150+ on these jeans
    levis don't say that and prob won't ever b/c of the kohl's thing

Not sure that it is a "Kohl's thing", but rather that some people want to advertise how much $$ they spent on their jeans. As many people have said numerous times, Levi's is iconic and established (pretty much the over $25 but under $100 (by and large) brand that is ubiquitous) and for some they are great and for others 'meh'. Not sure what they'd have to do to change that image, but they probably don't want to change their general identity to compete with the pricier-but-not-better brands.

Wrangler has more brands than Levi's and that probably hurts them too, but that is another story....

15. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member