1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Line of Levi's?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Feb 15, 2010.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

Has anyone seen/heard of Levi's Made & Crafted? I just saw a pair online and they look nice, but I'm suspicious that this is just a replacement for Capital E, which replaced Levi's Premium. Looks to be an attempt to take Levi's more upscale to compete in the $150-200 market, but maybe these are actually better for some reason?

2. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

3. DGP

DGP Senior member

4. Detour Clothing Store

Detour Clothing Store Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Has anyone seen/heard of Levi's Made & Crafted? I just saw a pair online and they look nice, but I'm suspicious that this is just a replacement for Capital E, which replaced Levi's Premium. Looks to be an attempt to take Levi's more upscale to compete in the $150-200 market, but maybe these are actually better for some reason?

Correct
    The "made & crafted" is meant to replace the Capital E line and be their "premium commercial" brand. It'll sit with the other Dept. Store premium brands.

5. DGP

DGP Senior member

Correct
    The "made & crafted" is meant to replace the Capital E line and be their "premium commercial" brand. It'll sit with the other Dept. Store premium brands.

Have you seen/handled these in person? Curious if they're actually any better than the seemingly overpriced Capital E jeans.

6. theom-

theom- Senior member

"made & crafted"
    kind of redundant no?
    Basically, "Made & Made"

7. Detour Clothing Store

Detour Clothing Store Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Have you seen/handled these in person? Curious if they're actually any better than the seemingly overpriced Capital E jeans.

Yes.
    I've seen and handled and think they looked better than the Capital E's, which I was not a huge fan of. Levi's intention with these is to sit next to and compete with the likes of AG, 7FAM, Diesel etc...

8. whitekimchee

whitekimchee Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if these are 100% cotton or 98% cotton/2% elastane?

9. pfarthing

pfarthing Member

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i'll still contend that 2000 era premium stuff was indeed premium. loved it

also find it ironic they basically killed their own branding on their jean here....what's the fucking point of this actually? if i buy levi's I'm gonna proudly display it's fucking levis.

11. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

My guess would be they are also something of a replacement for the old, excellent, RED range.

The idea is to have something contemporary but which draws on Levi's heritage like Red did, in the way it accentuated things like leg twist and the rivets. I've heard a lot about some of the innovative fabric mixes they're giong to use, and while I don't know too much, I know the guy responsible for the women's range is a total denim geek who has a very deep understanding of the heritage; again, it's only my guess, but I think things will ramp up from the fall and I'm hopeful we'll see some exciting stuff.

12. whitekimchee

I'm a big fan of Levi's so I hope these turn out to be well made. Not too crazy about the plain back pockets. Does anybody know if the "slims" fit close to Cap E matchsticks? Also, are these low rise or regular?

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

My guess would be they are also something of a replacement for the old, excellent, RED range.

The idea is to have something contemporary but which draws on Levi's heritage like Red did, in the way it accentuated things like leg twist and the rivets. I've heard a lot about some of the innovative fabric mixes they're giong to use, and while I don't know too much, I know the guy responsible for the women's range is a total denim geek who has a very deep understanding of the heritage; again, it's only my guess, but I think things will ramp up from the fall and I'm hopeful we'll see some exciting stuff.

they still make levi's red though? they don't look good at all but they still have a season at american rag

14. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Guess I may be the only one who liked Capital E. Then again, I never paid more than $50 for them.

15. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

they still make levi's red though? they don't look good at all but they still have a season at american rag
    Do you mean Red and not Red Tab? If so, another example of the endless Levi's corporate overlap that makes my head hurt.

16. whitekimchee

nope. I wear nothing but capital E's.

Anybody have anymore info on these? I'm just really curious about them. I already copped a pair of the barney's website and hope they feel and fit well.

17. pfarthing

pfarthing Member

Not sure what you want to know. I tried on nearly every straight leg jean in the same wash at Barneys and these were my favorite. Really soft material. Not too edgy in look. Straightforward fit; regular rise.

Didn't try the skinnies.

18. whitekimchee

yeah I got tired of trying to get feedback off of people here so I went to barney's on my lunch break.

The denim is bit of an improvement from the Cap Es and the stitching seems to be smoother. Great looking jeans. However, i have one problem, and maybe it's cuz these jeans are fairly new. But they only have two types of fit. The slims are way too tight and I'm guessing are meant to replace the Levi's Cap E skinners. The straights fit great around the waist and thighs but have a horrendously large leg opening. I'm guessing these are meant to replace the Cap E Heshers. My only hope is that they come out with a fit that resembles the Matchsticks which are the ideal fit for me.

19. pfarthing

pfarthing Member

Barneys have one exactly like what you want. Sorry cannot remember the brand for sure right now. Wasn't RRL. May have been Naked and Famous. Or perhaps Nudie.

20. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Not too crazy about the plain back pockets.

funny, cuz this is exactly the reason why i am interested in these...because they have plain back pockets.

gq ran a pretty good post ("Undateable") the other week picking up on some pretty common fashion abominations that men make and yep, you guessed it.... unless you're going for the "17 year old girl" look, I'd avoid pocket flare at any costs unless you want to look like a tool

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humo...-coyle#slide=1