• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New LH Website.

summej2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Were they globally iconic before their 90s RTW assault on the US through Louis and Barneys and then the discovery of their bespoke business by the Japanese shortly thereafter?

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone here owned anything with a Ruby label before aportnoy and I did, and we both got the first wave of RTW stuff at Louis back in the day.

- B

Trillion in Palm Beach sold their RTW too, though I'm not sure if that predated Louis. I still have some shirts that have nice collars, but fit like tents.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just seen in Harrods today: Rubinacci (LH) ready-to-wear collection winter 2010/11.

It's possible there is more to come: No suits (yet?) but sport coats, casual coats (some reversible in cashmere double face) and a few shirts. Nothing garish to appeal to a Middle-Eastern or Russian clientele. Prices surprisingly modest (maybe 2/3rd of Kiton and below Brunello Cucinelli). Sport coat in wool GBP 1,450 (USD 2,200), in cashmere GBP 1,850 (USD 2,800), shirts GBP 200.

I don't know about the fit, haven't tried anything on. Everything looks nice, classic and subdued. (Only the jeans and the denim shirt are a mistake).

As I said, the whole collection might not be in yet..

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Just seen in Harrods today: Rubinacci (LH) ready-to-wear collection winter 2010/11.

It's possible there is more to come: No suits (yet?) but sport coats, casual coats (some reversible in cashmere double face) and a few shirts. Nothing garish to appeal to a Middle-Eastern or Russian clientele. Prices surprisingly modest (maybe 2/3rd of Kiton and below Brunello Cucinelli). Sport coat in wool GBP 1,450 (USD 2,200), in cashmere GBP 1,850 (USD 2,800), shirts GBP 200.

I don't know about the fit, haven't tried anything on. Everything looks nice, classic and subdued. (Only the jeans and the denim shirt are a mistake).

As I said, the whole collection might not be in yet..

Interesting. I wonder if they're using Belvest, like they did for their RTW collection in the 90's.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Interesting. I wonder if they're using Belvest, like they did for their RTW collection in the 90's.
One and a half grand is a bit much for a RTW sportcoat. What's bespoke?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
One and a half grand is a bit much for a RTW sportcoat. What's bespoke?

Is it? As bengal points out, that's much less than what the big Italian RTW makers charge. Bespoke is multiples more. I assume the products are completely distinct as there is no way they could produce this much stuff this quickly out of the Naples shop.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it? As bengal points out, that's much less than what the big Italian RTW makers charge. Bespoke is multiples more. I assume the products are completely distinct as there is no way they could produce this much stuff this quickly out of the Naples shop.
I'd say it was. That's a similar price to what Deboise charges for a bespoke sportscoat.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
I'd say it was. That's a similar price to what Deboise charges for a bespoke sportscoat.

Yes, but RTW isn't necessarily cheaper than bespoke and the usual suspects are much more expensive.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but RTW isn't necessarily cheaper than bespoke and the usual suspects are much more expensive.
OK. I don't get to see a lot of these high end Italian RTW suits like Kiton etc. as I tend to avoid the shops that stock them like the plague.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads